Careers that Change Lives
Join the Medtronic Systems Engineering team bringing new products to market that help people living with diabetes more easily and successfully manage their diabetes. Patients, their loved ones, and their healthcare providers all take an active role in helping the patient managing their diabetes. New technologies and access to information are making things possible that open innovative and game changing systems possible. At Medtronic Diabetes, we work in the challenging space where medical devices are in the hands of everyday people and those people expect the state of the art technology to help make managing their diabetes easier and more connected.
As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you'll be focusing on connecting body worn medical devices to mobile apps and cloud computing systems. Help drive the definition of products and features through the product development process using your solid engineering skillset, energetic collaborative spirit, and results driven work ethic. Bring teams together to solve tough technical and logistical challenges. You will be leading and supporting various Systems Engineering activities by collecting business and customer needs and converting them into solutions through concept ideation, system definition & design, trade studies, data analysis and modeling. After driving concept selection, you will support taking concepts from ideas to products.
About - Diabetes Business Group
The Diabetes Group is working with the global community to change the way people manage diabetes. Together, we will transform diabetes care by expanding access, integrating care, and improving outcomes, so people with diabetes can enjoy greater freedom and better health.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
* Architect, build, deploy and manage a system that perform over-the-air firmware upgrades to medical devices
* Participate and lead the design and development of mobile apps connected to insulin pumps and glucose monitoring devices
* Participate in engineering an ecosystem of medical devices connected to cloud based data systems with machine learning
* Engineer the design of mobile apps on iOS and Android platforms to improve people's ability to manage their diabetes
* Perform technical analysis methods such as functional analysis, timeline analysis, and trade studies
* Develop system concepts, capture user needs, and create use cases or user stories
* Write and manage requirements
* Develop web communications interface designs, protocols, and documentation
* Define, plan, and conduct formal technical design and test reviews
* Lead, plan, schedule, conduct, and monitor testing activities
* Guide, develop, and review verification strategies, test designs, test tools, planned execution and completeness of documentation
* Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
* Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline and 4+ years of technical engineering professional experience
* Master's degree in Engineering or Scientific discipline and 2+ years of technical engineering professional experience
Nice to Have
* Experience capturing architectures, system designs, or product definitions as well as defining product concepts and features for development teams
* Writing technical documentation
* Requirements Management Software such as DOORS and PTC Integrity
* Design techniques such as use cases, functional analysis, timeline analysis, and sequence diagrams
* Mobile app or web based systems design, development, verification, and documentation
* Mobile apps deployment and post launch maintenance
* Working with communications protocol design, definition and documentation
* Development in a regulated industry such as medical device, defense, or automotive.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)