We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing and sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries and new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, and SoftBank.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery.
Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role
* The IT Platform team is looking for an experienced and energetic DevOps engineer to build world-class processes and automation for software development, testing and release.
* In this role, you will primarily:
* Design, develop and maintain a world class development, QA and release infrastructure - CI/CD - to support software development efforts
* Develop and maintain innovative custom solutions to accommodate needs of various very-fast moving software teams
* Manage and monitor development and production resources, on premise and in the cloud
* Build and deploy automated test frameworks to facilitate testing of API, backend, frontend components and UIs
* Manage and administer development and QA toolset
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and robust execution of automated testing as part of a regular release schedule
* Be a strong advocate of best engineering practices and continuously identify and drive opportunities for improvement
* Train and mentor team members on automation processes, concepts and best practices
* Assist with defining and implementing software quality improvement initiatives
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are a self-driven person, do not need to be micromanaged, can wear multiple hats and drive tasks and projects to the finish line. You are effective in communicating technical and non-technical information across team boundaries. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs.
Your troubleshooting skills are excellent, and you enjoy a good daily challenge in supporting rapid growth and a diverse set of end user needs. You have the ability to maintain day to day support while running various key projects that move the business forward by automating and creating new tools that facilitate management of the environment.
In addition, you bring
* 7+ years of Linux/Unix administration and core infrastructure management
* 7+ years of architecting, deploying and maintaining software production environments on premise and in the cloud (AWS) including VPC, role and security measure management, asset management automation, uptime and performance monitoring and reporting.
* Solid experience with automation/configuration management toolset such as Ansible or Chef.
* Virtualization hands-on experience: vSphere vCenter, ESXi, FT/HA or other hypervisor (Hyper-V, KVM, Xen)
* Hands on experience with deployment and management of containers (e.g. Docker) and operating them in a scalable fashion using tools such as Kubernetes.
* Proficient in one or more: Python, Go, Java, Shell
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About Guardant Health
Guardant Health is a company that specializes in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy.