Senior Big Data/Hadoop Engineer
Rhapsody Int'l is a pioneer in digital music and a leading provider of music streaming technologies and services for businesses, including some of the world's most recognized and respected consumer services companies. Rhapsody operates the Napster platform in 35 countries with a premium subscription service giving millions of subscribers unlimited ad-free access to the music they love anywhere, anytime and on any device - online or offline. Napster combines the iconic history of one of the most recognizable music brands in the world with the vast experience and technological platform of Rhapsody International Inc., the industry's first subscription streaming service provider. Rhapsody is headquartered in Seattle, with offices across the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We not only offer a best in class music service directly to millions of customers but we are reshaping the music industry by powering companies to create new innovative music streaming services and experiences with our "powered by Napster" music platform solutions. Would you like to work with us to bring this secret sauce to more customers? Imagine a company dedicated to expanding the music industry. Come work with us and make it happen. Impact how millions of music fans listen to music every day!
We are searching for a talented and motivated Big Data/Hadoop Engineer to be part of a world class Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (EDW & BI) team.
About The Role:
The data warehouse supports operational and analytical reporting needs of the business; provides data back to the applications via APIs, supports communications platform, and administers royalty payments to the labels. This role is a technical role and will be responsible for full development lifecycle of the solution, including detailed design, development, code reviews, unit testing, deployment and post deployment support.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will be architecting and delivering solutions on our Big Data platform (Hadoop). These solutions power Napster consumer facing applications and analytics.
* Analyzing business requirements to develop solution design.
* Reviewing and assessing business rules.
* Estimate development timelines and create schedules.
* Creating prototypes to validate and delivering final solution.
* Code reviewing, testing, and implementing solutions.
* Mentor and provide technical support to team members.
* BS or MS degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or engineering field preferred.
* 3+ years of development experience in object oriented design, development, and implementation using Java technologies.
* 3+ years of development experience in Hadoop - HDFS, Spark, Hive, Pig, HBase, Map Reduce, Sqoop
* 3+ years of development experience in Java, Scala, Python, PERL, SQL, shell scripting.
* 2+ years of development experience in developing REST services.
* 2+ years of development of experience in Cassandra.
* Development experience in ElasticSearch, is a plus.
* Hadoop Administration experience is a plus.
* Familiarity with test frameworks - ScalaTest, JUnit.
* Familiarity with source code control systems like Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
* Familiarity with build tools - Maven, Gradle.
* Must have experience in working in UNIX and Windows environment.
* Must have excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work with both technical and business groups to develop robust solutions.
* Must be able to create and maintain documentation.
What Sets Napster Apart:
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Napster. Below is a snapshot of some of our benefits and perks, but what you will be most blown away by is the amazing talent you will get to work with here.
* Competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
* Free Napster Premium Account (with great music discovery advice from your peers)
* Downtown Seattle office in the Columbia Tower with amazing views of the city, surrounding mountains and waterways
* Centrally located near public transportation, ferries, bike parking, as well as subsidized commuting options.
* Highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you'll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people.
* Generous PTO (and you are encouraged to use it!)
* 9 paid holidays
* In office snacks, soda and coffee
* In-house live music performances
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Rhapsody International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Music on your phone, web and everywhere in between!