We're looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to join our BI/DW team!
What's the team like?
Our BI team at Match is primarily responsible for two things:
* Architect and engineer new data systems and reporting to help facilitate business decision making. * Maintain and modify existing data systems that offer reporting based decision making.
Our BI team is a service organization that caters and delivers reporting solutions to the entire Match Group enterprise. Each individual on our team holds a breadth of platform-agnostic knowledge and collaborates with other team members to provide enterprise level solutions for Marketing, Product, Finance, Accounting etc.
Furthermore, we're responsible not only for all aspects of transforming and delivering raw data into a presentable and actionable format, but we are also well versed in how key data points affect business decision making. Being part of Match's BI team means being at the crossroads of both the business and the technology, and understanding how both relate to each other is key.
* You will be successful in this position if you are able to undertake a complete project through the entire lifecycle of collecting requirements, recommending and designing the appropriate solution, creating project plans with realistic estimates, writing SSIS and Stored Procedures, Building Reports, Testing and Deploying the code. * Leverage strong analytical skills and technology knowhow to maintain a high level of data accuracy throughout the project lifecycle. * Develop and maintain SSIS, SSRS and SSAS projects. * Respond to and troubleshoot production issues related to data quality and performance and resolve them in timely manner. * Work closely with different business teams to understand the problem at hand and help them find a solution, or design a suitable technical solution. * Work with minimal supervision in an agile environment, be an effective communicator with other team members and the business owners.
What we are looking for:
* Understanding of relational database principals, expertise in SQL. * Strong knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using SSIS (ETL), familiar with high transaction driven applications, tuning the complex SQL queries and building/maintaining SSRS reports and SSAS cubes. * Report design and BI tool experience/support (tools like SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Power BI etc). * Strong organizational skills for developing the proper policies and procedures to maintain and enforce quality data standards. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing both technical and general documentation. * A potential candidate possesses one or more skills below as a plus * C# or Java or Python * Hadoop, Azure, AWS S3, Redshift or other big data and NoSQL solutions * Data science and creating ML models
* applicants will be required to complete a BI/SQL assessment
A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people find love and happiness. How cool is that?
* You can wear jeans every day * Our benefits are pretty amazing (competitive) * Drinks and snacks are on us every single day * We have happy hours every month, so there's always something to celebrate
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.