Saatchi Art is the world's leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for a Sr. Back End Engineer who is dedicated, results-oriented, and a tenacious problem-solver to join our Saatchi Art engineering team at our Santa Monica, CA office.
You'll Report To: Director of Engineering, Saatchi Art
What You'll Be Doing:
* Utilizing back-end technologies to bolster our social networking platform, single page artist tools, and mobile-optimized site
* Working with a team of experienced developers in the creation and maintenance of next generation artist tools, and enhancing the e-Commerce experience
* Designing and coding new application features and functionality, working closely with product, marketing, operations, and QA teams
You'll be successful if you are a results-oriented, hardworking, ambitious, and driven self-starter.
What You Should Have:
* Production experience working with scalable/distributed systems.
* 3+ years' experience working with a scripting language (PHP/Python/Ruby). Laravel/Symfony experience strongly desired.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and proactively
* Strong knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns
* Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Github, Travis CI, Jenkins)
* Experience designing REST APIs and implementing oAuth2 security protocol
* Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience using Git
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
* We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
* Experience with virtualization technologies like Vagrant/Docker
* Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible for provisioning servers and deploying applications/services
* Asynchronous programming
* Strong experience using Search Engine technologies (Solr/Elasticsearch)
* AWS (EC2, Route53, SNS, SQS)
* CDNs (Cloudfront, Akamai)
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
* BuiltIn LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Los Angeles
* Comparably's 2018 Top Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
* Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
* Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
* MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
* Cool office environment and culture
* Discounted gym memberships
* Paid-to-play vacation rewards
* Discretionary unlimited vacation time
* Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
* Medical, Dental, Vision
* Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
About Leaf Group
Leaf Group (formerly Demand Media) is a diversified internet company which owns and operates consumer media and marketplace businesses.