How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Sr. Systems Integration Technologist II - AWS Administrator will be part of a team delivering "Platform" as a capability supporting the Air Force Air Operations Center (AOC) program. This team of System Administrators and Cyber professionals work on large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant cloud based systems in a mixed Linux/Windows based environment. They utilize Active Directory, Google G Suite, GIT and AWS to enhance a Platform as a Service (IaaS) development environment. This team seeks to continuously improve the state of the running system through automation. This is a diverse team of highly skilled operators co-located with the software development teams who embrace Agile and DevOps to pioneer a radically new concept for rapid delivery of software mission capabilities to the AOC program.
As an AWS Administrator you will be part of an Air Force led integration team and responsible for maintaining and enhancing the multiple AWS environments that support Kessel Run software development. This includes configuration of support for a number of AWS services including: VPCs, EC2, S3 and integration with Active Directory/OKTA Single Sign On. You will also be responsible for understanding business processes and integrating key tools into these processes such as GIT and G Suite.
Primary work location will be the AF Kessel Run facility in downtown Boston, MA
This position will include limited travel for training and program support.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
Set up and maintain AWS environments.Manage virtualized Windows (2013 and above) systemsManage virtualized Linux systemsUses scripting tools to automate processesAdministrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshootingProvide expertise for operational management of monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking and storageWorks closely with developers in troubleshooting issues.
* 6+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
* Subject Matter Expertise in systems administration on AWS
* Expertise in administration of Windows Server and Linux Experience scripting in Python and Bash.
* Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting languages for automating frequently executed activities.
* Working knowledge of networking concepts and experience with relevant technologies such as Load Balancers/DNS/SSL/Firewalls/NAT/NTP
* Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
* Experience with cloud based data storage and data backup
* Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
* Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
Experience in business analysis and implementation of business technologies
* Experience with Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and/or Kubernetes
* Experience in an Agile/DevOps/DevSecOps environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Professional Certifications such as: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, MCSA, Linux + Security +, CISSP, CCNA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.