As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop specialized test systems in support of integrated Avionics testing at the box level for our suborbital launch vehicle programs for various spaceflight systems. You will coordinate test system requirements with Avionics subsystem owners, integration test engineers, and operations personnel. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Design, development, verification, and integration of specialized test hardware and software
* Work with internal stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs associating with delivering test systems to programs
* Integrate test system hardware & software development schedules with program and vehicle schedules
* Support operational checkout of systems under test and provide training to test and operations personnel
* Work to continuously improve the avionics test team processes and standards
* Minimum of a B.S. in electrical, computer engineering or related field
* 10+ years of specialized test and electrical ground support equipment hardware and software design and development
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Passion for hands-on problem solving and avionics integration and test
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team on rapid development programs
* Ability to travel to and work at remote sites for extended periods supporting test integration, commissioning, and training
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* 10+ years of integrated test and operations experience (aircraft, launch vehicles, spacecraft, racing teams)
* Experience managing complex projects combining hardware, firmware, and software
* Experience leading the development and testing of real-time embedded systems with a focus on modular and extensible architectures
* Experience developing test campaigns to satisfy SMC-S-016 standards
* Experience with safety-critical systems development (automotive, aerospace, medical, etc.)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.