As part of a small team, you will lead development and verification of avionics software systems for the flight computers on board the New Glenn Launch Vehicle. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of flight avionics systems development. You will be integral part of the team that is responsible for design and development of flight software, integration, and verification, system safety analyses, interacting with cross-functional teams, responsible for schedule, budget, and cost management. This hands-on position requires experience in developing, validating and verifying safety critical software systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop software concepts of operation, architecture, requirements, design to implement highly reliable software systems
* Develop, oversee and support validation and verification plans for flight software
* Participate in all aspects of software development, systems integration, test execution, issue resolution, documentation, report generation, and reviews
* Collaborate and communicate effectively with software, hardware and test engineers across the team
* Identify methods for continuous improvement, any risks or opportunities during the software lifecycle
* Strong software development skills in real-time embedded systems
* Experience in full software lifecycle activities, including development and verification of embedded, bare metal, RTOS for micro-controller, BSP, single or multi core micro-processors systems
* Experience with networking protocols (TCP/IPv4/IPv6), for distributed systems, security, encryption, compression
* B.S degree in Electrical, Computer, Aerospace Engineering or an appropriate field
* 8+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, and testing of safety critical software systems in compliance with DO-178 or equivalent
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Passion for programming and/or spaceflight demonstrating familiarity with the following preferred tools: DOORS, Makefiles, Linker Scripts, Doxygen, Jenkins, GitLab, Docker, C#, Rust, JSON, YAML, Matlab/Simulink, Verilog, VHDL, Bash, TCL, JIRA Confluence
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.