SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. AVIONICS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The SpaceX Avionics Software group develops firmware, tools and algorithms which support the SpaceX Avionics department in the development of high-performance flight avionics for all SpaceX vehicles. We are looking for a motivated software engineer to design and develop software tools in support of spacecraft development.
* Development of software tools to aid in design, validation and qualification of avionics hardware
* Software project planning: capturing requirements, trading design scope against resource availability, ensuring on-time delivery
* Work as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline
* Strong software engineering fundamentals (object oriented programming, networking, version control)
* 6+ years of experience with Python, C++, Java, C# or similar language
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2+ years of professional experience with Python
* Experience developing software on both Linux and Windows
* Basic proficiency in Electrical Engineering concepts and lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, spectrum analyzers and power supplies
* Experience as a contributor to an open source project
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
* Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
* May occasionally be required to work extended hours and weekends
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.