The Application Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks beginning with responding to Requests For Proposal responses and Migration Quotes, understanding the customer's needs or current configuration, offer solutions or alternatives, understand new features and functions within the Public Safety Application software, enter defects against the application, create an Acceptance Test Plan and ultimately train the customer and the internal staff on how to configure and troubleshoot the applications.The most important duty is for the individual to provide business processes as it relates to the use of software applications - Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Mobile, Record Management System (RMS) and Jail.
Understanding the customer's business requirements and translating them to specific software requirements and or configurations. This entails documenting and analyzing the customer's information, evaluating their business practices and transforming them into application and operational requirements. Such an individual is a channel of communication between the customer and Motorola.
They would be heavily engaged throughout the life cycle of the project and would be responsible for providing updates to the teams based on customer changes.
* Technical expert for a variety of proprietary Public Safety Applications including Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Mobile, Records and Jail systems.
* Needs to have excellent written and verbal skills in order to respond to Request for Proposals (RFP's) and or assist in the migration quotes or our current customer base.
* Must be able to create, review and modify Statements of Work (SOW) and Acceptance Test Plans (ATP).
* Must be able to understand the customer's needs in order to offer solutions and alternatives.
* Have excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to work with other internal organizations and the customer.
* Become Subject Matter Experts (SME) for the Public Safety Applications in order to provide a configuration that will meet the customer's expectation and or contractual requirements.
* Ability to install and provision the Public Safety Applications
* Participate in the Public Safety Application upgrades.
* Conduct training of the Public Safety Applications to the end user.
EXTENSIVE TRAVEL IS REQUIRED
* 3+ years experience in one of the following: Public Safety, Business Analysis, Field Service, CAD- Computer Aided Dispatch, Record Management Systems, and Jail Applications
* Knowledge of CAD, Mobile, Records and Jail systems.
* Software skills required are Windows-based Operating Systems, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), intermediate XML knowledge, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
* Need to enter defects in to multiple defects tracking systems - Clarify, ClearQuest, Quality Center (QC) and or Team Foundation Server (TFS).
* Need to be able to provide status reports to Project Managers and management on a weekly basis.
* Experience with Clarity to enter task related timesheets.
* Must be able to function effectively in a fast paced demanding environment that usually requires the ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
* Experience in Business Process Re-engineering as it relates to the use of Software applications for business purposes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Need to be comfortable working in a team environment and understand the contractual obligations as well as personal responsibilities.
* Must be able to travel 75% or more
* Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.