Sr. Application Engineer Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Come join a team recognized for leadership and innovation - the Alerton team. At Alerton, we are a recognized leader in the Building Management Solutions space, with over 38 years of experience. Alerton Controls are used to manage HVAC systems for some of the biggest names in Technology, Health Care, Education, and Commercial Buildings.
The Sr. Application engineer is an integral part of a collaborative team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex application functions to support the Alerton Dealer Business organization. In this role, you will Identify, research, and implement emerging technologies to develop next generation building controls. Collaborate with Product Management and Dealers to identify, champion, and execute opportunities for differentiation, cost savings / efficiency gains, and revenue growth. Participate in the development and certification of new product functionality. Develop and maintain the Alerton Standard Application Library, including VisualLogic DDC programing, point lists, graphic displays, and sequences of operation. Drive continuous improvement through the creation and maintenance of engineering tools that improve speed, quality, and efficiency of solution implementation and ongoing servicing. Identify and integrate 3rd party solutions that complement and enhance the Alerton Solution portfolio. Design and configure complex building control systems. Create flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
Key Responsibilities Software coding Verification and Validation Model based development system design Certification of software Strategy Development
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's Degree
* 6+ years of experience working for a control contractor, systems integrator, or building controls solution provider
* Bachelor's Degree; Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Successful track record of managing end to end large scale projects
* Ability to develop and mentor team members and junior engineers
* Working knowledge of networks and internet technologies
* Understanding of and experience working with Alerton's VisualLogic DDC Programming Tool
* Proficiency working with Tridium's Niagara framework
* Certifications: Network+, Alerton Certified Engineer (ACE), MCSA SQL, PMP, Tridium N4
* Demonstrated skill in hardware design, installation coordination, system programming, commissioning, and project closeout
* Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Visio
* Effective communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to varied audiences
* Knowledge of the building controls industry
* Ability to evaluate and prioritize activities across multiple efforts
* JOB ID: req191796
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 16201 - 25th Avenue West, Lynnwood, WA 98087 USA
How HON is Connecting the World
Honeywell is a diversified technology and manufacturing company that invents and commercializes technologies in the areas of energy, safety, security, productivity, and global urbanization.