Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history. We are currently seeking a Sr. Application Developer in our Corporate HQs in Irvine, CA.
As a Sr. Application Developer within VIZIO's Information Technology team, this individual plays a critical role maintaining and developing full stack web applications using modern web development tools and techniques. In doing so, this individual will collaborate closely with team members from the VIZIO Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support business units. In summary this position: Analyzes business requirements/processes and system integration considerations to determine appropriate technology solutions; Designs, codes, tests, and documents solutions based on system and user requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze requirements to determine appropriate solution designs considering capabilities, limitations, and design trade-offs
* Responsible for preparing design documentation.
* Identify appropriate third-party products/applications to meet business requirements
* Prepares flow charts and systems diagrams to assist in problem analysis.
* Work with Business System Analyst to ensure the quality and integrity of Vizio.com data
* Create and maintain documentation of application integrations and all custom development.
* Prepares test data for unit, string and parallel testing.
* Learns new application development techniques, VIZIO-specific technologies, system behavior and business processes as they relate to servicing the VIZIO business.
* Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues.
* Resolves customer issues with software solutions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
* Manages, resolves and documents issues and events related to system and environment availability.
* Monitors and measures performance characteristics of applications.
* Performs routine maintenance.
* Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
* Assists in orientation, training, work assignment and checking of less experienced developers.
* Serves as technical consultant to leaders in the IT organization and functional user groups.
* Work with consultants and/or offshore resources in support of web application development work
* Imparts technical expertise to less experienced developers.
* Plans, conducts and leads assignments generally involving moderate, high budgets projects or more than one project.
* Assists in creating the strategic technical and architectural direction to the programming function.
* Manages user expectations regarding appropriate milestones and deadlines.
* Undergraduate degree and 6-10 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-8 years relevant experience.
* 5+ years creating web applications using C# (ASP.Net MVC).
* 5+ years creating web applications using Java.
* 5+ years creating web applications using single page application frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
* 5+ years creating restful web services using C#.
* 2+ years Azure solution development experience a plus.
* Experience with micro services patterns and frameworks.
* Experience with headless e-commerce frameworks is a plus.
* Experience with payment gateways such as Braintree is a plus.
* Knowledge of developing Adobe AEM components using the Adobe's HTML Templated Language (HTL) is a plus.
* Demonstrated experience designing and deploying custom developed solutions on the Azure platform.
* Demonstrated experience designing and deploying custom developed solutions on Adobe AEM is a plus.
* Background in SDLC/Agile development a plus.
* Familiar with software development life cycle methodologies.
* Experience managing deployment and understanding deployment best practices
* Experience using Visual Studio.
* Experience with Git source control.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional team environment
* Excellent attention to detail and complex problem-solving capabilities
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Familiarity with business systems process knowledge within the consumer goods and distribution industries, including: Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support.
* Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.