The Sr Tableau Developer will have strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with experience working with a variety of data. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and can work with a broad variety of stakeholders including business and technical teams.
This is an end-user and business facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various end users.
* Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals and work with them to design and build dashboards.
* Orient new users to Tableau features and capabilities.
* Advise end users on visualization best practices and performance optimization strategies and collaborate to design impactful dashboards and reports.
* Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance.
* Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment.
* Bachelors Degree or relevant work experience
* 5+ years overall professional experience with at least 3 years working with data (data engineering, Data scientist, BI analyst, BI developer etc.)
* Proficiency with SQL - 3+ years experience in a professional setting.
* Experience designing and developing reporting solutions/dashboards in a professional environment. Demonstrated ability to apply best practices in visualization techniques to design meaningful and impactful dashboards/reporting solutions.
* Experience leveraging Tableau to deliver dashboards and reporting capabilities at enterprise scale.
* Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons and security checks.
* Experience using tools like Alteryx, Tableau Prep and Excel for data preparation / lightweight integration & transformation
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team with proven ability to influence with impact across functions and disciplines.
* Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion
* Must be detail oriented
* Skilled in Excel (more advanced analytical tools preferred).
* Experience configuring Tableau to support scaling Tableau usage to the enterprise - this may include operationalizing a governance framework for Tableau assets, developing reports to provide transparency around asset usage etc.
* Demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment with Development and QA staff
* Experience with Cloud Data Warehouses like Redshift, Aurora etc.
* Knowledge of provider-sponsored health insurance systems/processes and the Healthcare industry
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement