LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Sr .Application Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity with our client in Chicago, IL
The Senior Application Developer does the following:
* Maintains and develops existing software by fixing issues as well as improving it with new functionality
* Participates in application technical support, which involves investigating, tracking, and solving support requests and communicating with internal customers
* Implements new features by gathering/understanding requirements, performing design, coding, unit testing, documentation, and assisting in quality assurance testing
* Ensures application requirements and efficiencies match the organizational needs
* Follows established SDLC processes, such as code standards, documentation, status meetings, etc., as well as establishes new processes to streamline operations
* Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of database schemas and relational concepts related to application support
* Learns new techniques and keeps up-to-date of changes in the software development industry
* Performs other duties as assigned by Director, Software Development!
* 7 years of experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions using the Microsoft technology stack, including ASP.NET using C#, Entity Framework, LINQ to SQL, Web API, and MVC required.
* Advanced knowledge of good coding practices and standards, including object-oriented design, code refactoring, unit testing, and code documentation is required
* Advanced knowledge of relational databases, specifically MS SQL Server, including experience in data modeling and creating T-SQL queries and stored procedures is required
* Experience with Visual Studio 2017 and Git based source control is required
* Experience with Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services) for project tracking is preferred.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status