Contribute as a core member on the Starz Android product development team involved in new feature releases and maintenance of the android architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design, develop, integrate, test and deploy advanced streaming applications on the Android Platform for both TV and Mobile.
* Develop new features from provided requirements and UX designs.
* Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluation, and design spikes.
* Solve complex application bugs and improve optimization and efficiency.
* Continuously discover and explore new development trends and implementations.
* Interact with the services team to evolve client APIs.
* Participate in peer code reviews and regular scrums.
* Provide technical leadership, mentor and contribute to the overall growth of the Android team.
* Be the point of contact for other client teams, engineers, designers and test engineers for all Android applications.
* BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, other technical discipline or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 7 years of software development experience with of 5 years experience in Java and the Android SDK.
* Mastery of Java and the Android SDK and NDK with in depth knowledge of computer science principles including design patterns, Data Structures Concepts, Software Algorithms, and application memory management.
* The ability to detect underlying design methodology in existing code implementation; with emphasis on performance and traceability.
* Have a deep knowledge of REST, SOA, XML, and JSON
* Experience with Android In-App Purchase and Push Notification implementation
* Experience with Google Chromecast library with Chromecast streaming implementation
* Media Streaming and DRM Technology experience is a plus
* Experience with 3rd party libraries and APIs
* Experience with SCRUM, Agile, and other development methodologies.
* Experience working with Jira and related Atlassian tools.
* Other client development experience a plus.
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.