Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 277 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
* DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
* DON'T: Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
* NOTE: Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is seeking an Internal Controls Analyst to join its Internal Controls team within the Finance organization in Scottsdale, AZ, Austin, TX or Omaha, NE. The Internal Controls Analyst will work closely with Finance, Technology and Compliance functions to ensure appropriate internal control design and effectiveness across organizational processes. This will include partnering with upstream and downstream teams to manage cross functional risks, support deployment of processes and technologies to comply with company policy, and support First Line of Defense (FLOD) on-going monitoring and reporting to Leadership.
The Internal Controls Analyst will support the process and controls work associated with key initiatives across Finance, including identifying optimization opportunities, prioritizing deliverables to meet timelines efficiently, adapting to changes in priorities quickly, managing initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and delivering quality materials. The successful candidate will be analytical with attention to detail, possess strong verbal and written communication skills and will set the example for effective collaboration. Day to day responsibilities include:
* Documentation of current state and future state processes
* Ensure sound security and controls are designed, documented, implemented and operationalized
* Coordinate with internal and external auditors to manage audit requests
* Ensure monitoring, escalation and appropriate mitigation of identified risk exposures
* Maintain governance, risk and controls systems of record
* Facilitate meetings with all levels of management
* Develop and manage stakeholder relationships
* 4-8 years of experience with a global finance services firm, accounting firm and/or in an internal audit role within the technology or financial services industry
* Bachelor's degree; accounting degree
* Professional certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, etc. preferred
* Continuous Improvement training and certification
* Sound knowledge of financial, information technology and operational internal control standards, including SOX, COSO and COBIT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
* Experience identifying, evaluating and managing risk and collaborating to drive issue resolution in partnership with key stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal skills, and customer service oriented attitude and mindset
* Ability to work globally and cross-functionally to lead change in a fast paced environment
* Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
* Ability to determine when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
* Affinity for a high-performance, project-oriented work environment
* Team oriented individual and self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
* Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with a strong ability to clearly communicate via PowerPoint documents and present information to all levels of management
* Fluent in English
* Proficient in MS Office Professional
* Some travel may be required
San Jose, California, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PayPal is a technology platform company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants worldwide.