Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Sr. Analyst, PLM. The PLM Sr. Analyst position leads the activities for the design, development, implementation, and support of new and existing functionality found in the engineering systems within Molex including CAD, Quality Systems for FMEA, Requirements Management, and PLM. This position covers U.S and multiple locations overseas. Most work is done independent of supervision with a high level of self-motivation needed. This position interacts with a supervision as necessary to perform job responsibilities as delineated. The position also provides technical direction and guidance to lower level administrators and overall support to the design community.
* Work closely with business functional areas to understand and define system requirements. Makes recommendations for business solutions
* Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business. Ensures that programming and software requirements fulfill business objectives
* Identifies current and future needs of the engineering community. Establishes technical standards and guidelines for the effective use and management of the design environment. Develops best practices and internal training documentation.
* Leads project teams to support application development and customization. Assists in defining application requirements and specifications. Communicates needs and requests received from end users. Contributes to the development and execution of test plans.
* Evaluates software vendor's new releases, works with software vendors to resolve issues, and advocates for enhancements/bug fixes.
* Provides ongoing system and programming support in responsible area. Must be able to solve complex technical problems through research and technical analysis.
* Organizes and tracks the progress of systems by applying project management techniques. Identifies issues that will delay on-time delivery and assists in resolving them. Communicates to management direction, status, and problems with work assignments through status reports. Works with management to overcome obstacles and complete projects.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Engineering related field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of PLM work related experience
* Understanding of overall electronics product development processes/best practices and experience leveraging tools to implement process improvement
* Experience in direct interaction with engineering teams
* Project management skills that demonstrate the ability to set goals and priorities to complete projects in a systematic and timely manner
* Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* 5+ years of design experience in software, electronics, mechanical…
* Experience working with SAP and NX (latest release) or another CAD application.
* Knowledge of integration points between SAP modules particularly ECC, EH&S and BI
* Experience with a PLM system such as Teamcenter, Windchill, Enovia, or SAP/PLM
* CAD experience with a parametric modeling software such as Creo/Solidworks/Inventor or NX (preferred).
* 5 years experience with Risk Assessment FMEA processes and tools
Skills & Abilities
* Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations
* Good verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
* Ability to prioritize work assignments and handle frequent interruptions
* Customer service skills that demonstrate the ability to respond to user problems with a sense of urgency
* Domestic and international travel as necessary
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
Visit us: www.molex.com
Our Blog: www.connector.com
Molex History: http://history.molex.com/