Our Corporate Information Services team is searching for a Sr. Analyst for our Finance Technology team based in Schaumburg, IL. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Finance & Order Management Technology, this position will be part of the Enterprise Solution Management group. The Sr. Analyst position will have significant responsibilities related to developing, solutioning, supporting and leading multiple IT initiatives and systems in the Finance function. The Sr. Analyst will provide direction to other members of the team (including onshore and offshore consultants), to ensure successful delivery of both business and technical capabilities. They will work closely with key stakeholders and maintain high quality standards while operating in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Application Support - Ensure that all request for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.Develop and update procedures and documentation for application support.
* Business Process Improvement - Analyzes business processes; evaluates alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Develops business requirements for the implementation of both minor to significant changes in organizational mission, business functions and process, organizational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery based on business needs.
* Configuration Management: Maintains secure configuration. Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the SAP FI and CO Modules.
* Development Testing: Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or minor enhancement project.Takes responsibility for the management of all testing activities within a development or integration project.
* Problem Management: Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).Leads the development of problem solutions.
* Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
* Requirements Definition: Leads scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives. Evaluates and selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to the source. Evaluates requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate
* Work independently with assigned business partners to understand their needs, document requirements, recommend solutions and deliver solutions.
* Works with project PM, prepares detailed plans for the project's development through all stages of the system development life cycle, monitors progress against the plan, and keeps supervisor informed of significant problems or difficulties encountered during project management.
* Ability to facilitate blueprinting workshops, conduct gap analysis, develop functional specifications and understand all phases of project life cycle.
* Initiates and conducts formal and informal functional design and test plan reviews with appropriate team members.
* Design configure and test SAP functionality including existing functionality and enhancements.
* Work with technical development team to translate business requirements to final technical solution.
* Develop and support key SAP integration points with non-SAP systems.
* Is responsible for quality of business requirements and functional designs.
* Is a thought leader expected to stay up to date on SAP functionality and advancements and make recommendations regarding improvements to processes and procedures.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
* 5+ years experience with SAP ECC, Consumer Goods/Manufacturing or Retail Experience preferred, Finance and Controlling configuration with key focus on Product Costing, General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Fixed Assets, Controlling and CO-PA
* Demonstrate knowledge of integration between SAP Finance modules and other SAP modules such as SD and MM are key
* Strong leadership skills in accountability and customer focus
* Proactive and able to catch issues before failures
* Experience interacting with business users and vendors including vendor management
* Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills
* Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently
* Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
* Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
* Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons when needed
* Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Typical duties will occur in an office setting; however, candidates will be required to visit our manufacturing facilities.
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Central Garden & Pet
Central Garden & Pet Company produces and distributes products for the lawn and garden, and pet supplies markets.