Our Corporate Information Services team is searching for a Sr. Analyst for our EDI team based in Schaumburg, IL. Reporting to the EDI Manager, this position assists in the design, development, deployment and support of appropriate EDI solutions that support our IT strategy and overall business objectives. This position is a key resource, contributing to the implementation and support of EDI enterprise process solutions
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
* Development of EDI business processes, EDI transactions, and communication processes in collaboration with the EDI manager and EDI Architect
* Interface with internal and external customers to implement and maintain automated exchange of electronic data
* Creation and implementation of new business processes with key business users
* Provides expertise in EDI functional areas for SAP and ecommerce integration
* Effectively use file management tools to communicate with Trading Partners to facilitate EDI activity using SFTP, HTTPS, SSH, AS2 protocols and VAN activity
* Maintain a system comprised of Sterling B2B Integrator EDI software and SAP on Linux OS systems
* Assist with upgrades of software, databases, hardware and communication platforms
* Assist in setting technical standards for mapping and documentation standards while being diligent in using existing standards
* Lead mapping solutions by gathering business requirements, propose effective remedies, develop and deploy scalable, well-coordinated solutions to business problems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven experience effectively working with business partners, vendors and trading partners
* Working knowledge of business concepts and processes (sales order processing, distribution, payables, receivables and purchasing)
* Experience with Sterling B2B Integrator, SAP IDocs, MS Excel
* Experience with EDI standards, X12, EDIFACT, XML and flat files
* Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
* Strong knowledge of SQL, scripting, automation and database support
* Backup other EDI positions including production support
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned.)
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
* BS/BA in computer technology or related field preferred
* Minimum five years of experience in EDI implementation and configuration
* Ability to demonstrate the successful implementation of EDI solutions
* 2 years of SAP experience is preferred (but not required)
* Demonstrated track record in the implementing EDI and IT solutions
* Experience with Sterling B2B Integrator software and SAP Idocs
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong Excel skills preferred
* Typical duties will occur in an office setting; however, candidates will be required to visit other manufacturing facilities.
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Central Garden & Pet
Central Garden & Pet Company produces and distributes products for the lawn and garden, and pet supplies markets.