United States Cellular
Sr. Analyst, Business Intelligence - FIN000982
As part of the Finance department, the U.S. Cellular® Shared Analytical and Data Services team (SANDS) is comprised of highly technical resources with diverse backgrounds in data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, data science, forecasting, and CRM. The SANDS team is responsible for delivering data solutions, analytical tools, campaign execution, and business insights to our stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Sales Operations. The Sr. Analyst, Business Intelligence is responsible for designing, coding, testing, and supporting self-service analytical reporting tools, recurring reporting, along with providing data feeds to other functions across US Cellular. They will also optimize Cognos report performance and ensure reporting accuracy. Their work will be a balance of Enterprise and Business Unit report and Dashboard development, testing, and tuning.
* Responsible for designing, coding, testing, and delivery of prioritized Business intelligence tools (Cognos cubes, dashboards, standard reports, and data feeds) for stakeholders across US Cellular.
* Collaborate with SANDS Data Governance & Data Management and business unit stakeholders to gather and validate reporting, dashboard, data feeds, and data visualization requirements; ensures data accuracy and that all deliverables meet or exceed stakeholder expectations.
* Conduct data testing and report development for large/complex reporting projects across the organization; support enterprise reporting and measurement projects, develop OLAP BI tools including dashboards, BAU reporting, and data visualization tools.
* Provide business and technical mentorship to all other levels of BI developers within the department.
* Create metadata for reporting and data projects, develops, tests, and executes COGNOS, SQL and SAS programs that are required for the quality assurance processes related to the execution of the Cognos reporting environment as well as associated reporting and data feeds.
* Develop and provide insights and recommendations from BI tools that help inform the business unit strategy, or supports key business unit priorities including Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Audit.
* Participate in cross functional teams when needed for broader departmental requests or enterprise initiatives, including support for Enterprise Data assets (EDW, HADOOP, Data Lake, etc.) to develop and automate business performance tracking, including basic operational metrics as well as more advanced financial metric calculations; support the accounting close and develop reporting to support audit findings.
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent technical experience in Business Intelligence.
* Project/program management experience across both waterfall and Agile methodologies; experience with JIRA preferred.
* A minimum of 5+ years advanced, hands-on Business Intelligence development experience (data cubes, dashboards, standard reports, and data extracts) leveraging industrial-strength BI tools is required.
* A minimum of 3+ years advanced knowledge of database extraction and data manipulation using SQL, SAS or other data access tools as well as knowledge of RDBMS structures; experience developing BI from Big Data platforms is a plus
* Significant experience collaborating with Information Services and external vendors to provide support for reporting, data, and analytic projects.
* 3+ years data testing experience required.
* Ability to think broadly and critically about a problem/request and apply business, company, and industry acumen to develop a solution.
* Ability to develop BI and data solutions with low to medium engagement from their immediate leader or more senior team members.
* Significant knowledge of wireless industry or other industries with similar analytical and database structures.
* Strong written presentation, technical writing, and verbal communication skills.
Job : Finance
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular