Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
You will be part of the team that defines, and architects enhanced Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) experience. You will analyze CGM time series data to develop technologies that can rapidly adapt to changing customer and business needs. Work on glucose and relevant time-series data to develop signal processing/filtering methods, algorithms/analytics, statistical models, and simulations for enhancing the utility of CGM systems and quality of life of diabetics.
Work as a member of a R&D and technology development team. Collaborate and communicate with other departments including firmware/hardware, sensor/membrane, and mechanical engineering to help design and verify optimal CGM systems. May author clinical reports and external publications and will contribute significantly to Dexcom activities to achieve leadership in improving CGM and its utility.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
Designs, develops and evaluates complex algorithms for use in systems and subsystems for research/development and/or clinical applications. Develops data analysis tools to evaluate algorithms. Participates in decision making and project planning regarding algorithm development. Algorithms may be used in commercial or end-user applications. May prepare and review patent applications and manuscripts for publication or presentations. May translate specifications into architecture and design following good software engineering practices.
Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Use techniques from signal processing, time series, statistical analysis and machine learning to develop new algorithms and enhance the existing ones to improve CGM system performance and accuracy
* Contribute to research in CGM system to respond to customers and market needs
* Apply data mining and machine learning techniques to extract valuable information and patterns from the server data
* Optimize firmware and hardware designs
* Run simulations and present results to cross-functional teams
* Generate reports and support publications
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of related experience or a Master's degree with 2+ years of related experience or a PhD or equivalent.
* Program in statistical programming languages such as R, MATLAB or Python
* Sound understanding of statistics, analog and digital signal processing techniques
* Programming experience with C/C++
* Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought.
* Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* 0 - 24%
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.