"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a SQL Server Database Developer to support a customer site in the Arlington, VA area. We are in search of an effective and innovative individual to join our team, whose goal is to assist the agency to further their strategic mission and modernize its platform and services, while providing excellent levels of customer service.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
* Design and modernize data structures and develop data and schema migration scripts to relational a database structure
* Create and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models in support of the organizations development efforts
* Plan for and implement steps towards a long-term data repository strategy
* Design and develop normalized relational database structure
* Document the database environment
* Confirm database servers are backed up and meeting Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
* Manage, monitor and maintain databases
* Approve requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
* Ensure database integrity, stability and system availability
* Approve solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
* Monitor and optimize the performance of the database
* Ensure compliance with database vendor license agreements
* Deploy database change scripts during software releases
* Identify and troubleshoot resource intensive operations on SQL Server
* Collaborate with developers and provide suggestions on how to improve database design
* Review SQL scripts and ensure SQL coding standards are used
* Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of database outages
* Generate various reports by querying from database as needed
* Perform other duties as required
* Typically has a BS degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to six (6) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and zero (0) to three (3) years of related engineering experience.
* Understanding of relational database concepts and networking concepts, specifically in client/server architecture in a SQL
* 2-5 years of SQL Server database administration
* Experience developing data and schema migration scripts to relational database
* Performance Tuning / Database Optimization experience
* Experience developing database objects such as stored procedures, triggers, constraints, and indexes
* Familiar with backup and restore process
* Familar with basic optimizations (Indexing strategies)
* Knowledge of SQL clustering/High Availability configurations
* Ability to build and manage implementations
* Understanding of database concepts such as Relational DB, Data Warehousing and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
* Ability to apply patches and service packs
* Active TS SCI with ability to obtain and hold special accesses
* A BS degree in a computer science or similar discipline from an accredited college or university
* MCSA Database Administration certification
* Experience with ETL tools
* Experience designing and developing cloud migration strategies
* Experience with Power BI Tools, MySQL and Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience with master data modeling best practices and data warehousing concepts
* Excellent communication/documentation skills
* Possess a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance with experience designing databases
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members across the customer's organization. Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Must be a US Citizen with an Active TS/SCI that has been adjudicated in the last 3 years. Must take and pass a drug test and background check.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.