The SQL Server Database Administrator will be actively involved in the evaluation, review, and management of database resources and services across the organization in order to ensure a high level of database integrity is reached and maintained. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of forming an excellent database infrastructure from the ground up in close association with peer teams and vendors. While providing the database expertise needed for the team's success, this individual will also be required to develop, follow and enforce database standards. This position will require an individual who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IS management and members of the business community while constantly ensuring that their work is aligned with the business and technology customers. A DBA is also expected to stay current on database technology while also continuing to grow knowledge of the Costco business.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Deploys and maintains Microsoft SQL Server databases/DB projects across a range of current SQL Server versions in both physical and virtual environments
* Maintains database security, integrity, and availability
* Manages database performance and capacity
* Implements database design enhancements
* Collaborates with Development team on creating and evaluating stored procedures, tables, indexes, etc.
* Maintains detailed documentation of database Design/Architecture and setup
* Establishes procedures for backup/recovery and disaster recovery
* Configures and monitors clustering including Always On and Failover clustering
* Designs and builds operational infrastructure to support our databases, automating where possible
* Establishes database security procedures
* Creates users, assign roles and manages permissions
* Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards
* Provides support to the user community using incident and problem management tools
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* At least 5 years' experience in a relational database environment at enterprise scale including at least 2 years in-depth experience as a production SQL Server database administrator on current versions
* Strong knowledge of high availability and Disaster Recovery architecture
* Experience in Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning
* Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure database services and offerings
* Experience configuring and administering SQL Server Reporting Services is desirable
* Experience with Kerberos, encryption at rest and in transit, and other security topics
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis
* International travel may be required
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.