SQL Developer/BI Developer
Req #: 18146_1
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Consulting
Job SummaryJob Summary:
As a Data Warehouse Consultant/SQL Analyst in our Consulting Manufacturing & Distribution unit, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in our emerging M&D Business Intelligence Practice. You will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, monitoring and extending the data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet our client's business analysis and reporting needs.
You will work closely with the data warehouse architect, functional ERP implementation team, and our clients to identify key metrics and capture business logic required to transform raw data into actionable insights. You will help mentor junior team members, manage the relationship with the client, and assist in managing the overall project.
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe Horwath LLP, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in the gathering of business requirements by analyzing source systems and reporting
* Designs, develops, and supports new and current ETL processes using T-SQL or SSIS, employing industry standards and best practices to enhance loading of data from the ERP system
* Develops reports and visualizations using Power BI
* Provides analytical support and consultation on projects to ensure appropriate design, implementation, testing, and documentation
* Troubleshoots and adjusts existing data warehouse applications
* Develops and maintains relationships with clients by building personal credibility and trust
* Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity and strong work ethic
* Remote capability
* Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
* Five or more years of experience
* Has a passion for data, reporting & analytics, and data warehousing
* Desire to work with a dynamic team of seasoned professionals who implement complex, high-value projects for mid-size and large manufacturing companies world wide
* Enjoys challenge. Desire to grow both technically and as a professional consultant
* Experience with SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.), including the creation of complex views, stored procedures, and/or packages
* Ability to analyze complex data structures with minimal direction
* Understanding of star schema models and data warehouse theory desired
* Strong team player with willingness to collaborate
* High comfort level working on multiple simultaneous assignments and dealing with assignment prioritization changes
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Informatics, Supply Chain, or Accounting with development experience.
About the Team:
The Consulting team at Crowe provides extensive, industry-focused experience to help organizations improve their performance through a portfolio of innovative technology solutions. Above all, Crowe's Performance consulting team is frequently singled out by satisfied clients for their high professional standards, industry expertise, innovative technology solutions and responsive hands-on approach to client service. Learn more about our Performance Consulting team
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what working at Crowe can mean for you!
How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. Learn more about where talent can prosper!
Visit Crowe Careers to find out how you can grow your career and make an impact every day!
More about Crowe Horwath:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.