Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator to provide database administration for all database systems, both physical and virtual, within the four operating environments (Development, Test, Stage, and Production) at data centers.
* Provide 24 hour a day 365 days a year daily problem resolution and support of SQL Server 2008R2, SQL 2012-2016.
* Provide troubleshooting of hardware, software, and applications.
* Coordinate with Tier 4 (Vendor Support) service providers for resolution of issues above the Tier 3 capability.
* Support database migrations and consolidations (ad-hoc and scheduled).
* Patch Management
* Metric Reporting (ad-hoc and scheduled)
* Proactively assist USCIS in the stewardship of its IT capabilities and assets against any issues (reliability, performance, capacity planning, life-cycle management, etc.) that would diminish the mission of USCIS, e.g., keeping the USCIS aware of hardware end of life; licensing issues; risk mitigation practices; faulty equipment; software versioning; and compatibility.
* Coordinate and collaborate with individuals, groups, branches, divisions, organizations (both internal and external) to include technical support teams, as required to facilitate changes, updates, hardening, optimization, reporting, consolidation, migrations, troubleshooting, and other events which would be required to keep the systems sound.
* Develop and/or maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all database systems. These records should include, but are not limited to:
* Startup / Shutdown procedures
* Account creation / deletion procedures
* Permission procedures
* Service startup / shutdown procedures
* Report generation (both scheduled and ad-hoc) procedures
* Performance monitoring procedures
* Backup and recovery procedures
* Conduct scheduled maintenance in accordance with the scheduled Maintenance Window
* Configure environments for and in support of all database related aspects of user acceptance testing, functional acceptance testing, system-level testing, database security testing, installation/migration testing, configuration/compatibility testing, and performance, load and stress testing, and support of systems assurance tasks.
* Maintain full Microsoft SQL Server control.
* Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic environment.
Associate's degree or higher and/or five to 15 years of experience
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.