Pac-12's Sports Business Analyst position is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of business intelligence at the Conference of Champions. Working directly with school athletic departments, we strive to understand and serve our fans, creating the best fan experiences in sports. We're looking for candidates to help us create a new business intelligence team to drive fan engagement and revenue generation across the Pac-12 conference.
You will be responsible for querying data using SQL, creating visuals using a data visualization tool like Tableau or Domo, and building dashboards and reports to meet the needs of the end-users, powering analysis to drive the future of college sports.
Ideal candidates have a good combination of business acumen and technical skills, and experience providing excellent customer service. You will use your business intelligence expertise to turn data into actionable insights and strategic recommendations. You must be passionate and detail-oriented, not happy until your work has resulted in measurable business improvement.
* Lead end-to-end analytics projects: work with business stakeholders to formulate questions, source and analyze data, and translate your findings into actionable recommendations.
* Define fan segments, lifetime & annual value metrics, propensity models, churn prediction, engagement metrics, and user behavior models.
* Participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, functional solution design, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution).
* Actively participate in discussion with business users to understand the requirements and propose suitable visualizations options (mock-ups) depending on the need, context and user group.
* Design, code, test, and aggregate results from SQL queries to provide information to users.
* Design and develop visualization and analyses in BI tools.
* Test visualization and reports for data accuracy and functionality
* Manage BI tools configuration and user support
* Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration to achieve results
* Other duties as assigned
* Extensive, hands-on experience building business intelligence solutions; automating reporting; designing and developing analytical solutions; data management and warehousing and the strategic use of information.
* 3+ years of business intelligence, analytics, and statistics experience, developing complex dashboards, reports, and visualization in BI Tools such as Tableau, Domo, Birst, or similar.
* 1+ years of experience with SQL queries and query performance tuning.
* Experience in data collection, automation, and integration from a variety of data sources.
* Understanding of ETL / Integration processes and solid knowledge of data warehousing and dimensional modeling.
* Experience using CRM tools like Salesforce a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical groups.
* BA/BS degree Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent practical experience.