Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), is seeking a Splunk Engineer to join the Global Information Security Department (GISD) in Herndon, VA. This position will report to the Principal Splunk Manager in the Cyber Defense Mission Engineering Department. The Splunk Engineer will provide implementation, data and O&M support of the Splunk infrastructure that enables global incident response operations, analysis and coordination, and forensics. The Cyber Defense team is a pivotal part of Sony's program to secure its information assets, services, and the products that depend on them, building trust with customers and stakeholders and protecting the privacy of Sony's customers.
* Responsible for bringing in new data sources into the Splunk environment
* Engineer, configure and administer Splunk content and infrastructure
* Assist in the proper operation and performance of the overall Splunk infrastructure
* Perform content development to properly identify data feeding SIEMs and correlation of events
* Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events (correlation and use cases)
* Provide recommendations and implementation changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
* Provide operations, maintenance and monitoring support for the Splunk infrastructure
* Write and develop custom scripts and Splunk apps and TAs as needed
* Develop metrics-based reporting to enhance situational awareness
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5 years with the design, configuration, and support of Splunk 6.x, or similar
* Demonstrated technical expertise with the following:
* Splunk or other similar SIEM technology
* Unix/Linux OS
* SQL and/or Oracle Databases
* SIEM Content Development
* One or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
* Technical writing experience:
* Installation/Deployment Procedures
* Document Requirements
* Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
* Able to interact with customers and team members and product support personnel
* Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing use cases
* Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
* Experience writing MS SQL expressions
* Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk deployments highly preferred
* Implementation/support of Splunk experience highly preferred
* Certified Splunk Architect or Engineer highly preferred
* Candidates should possess interpersonal skills
* All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.