"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Splunk Engineer / Administrator to provide onsite support in Herndon, VA. The Splunk Engineer/Admin will work with the client to leverage full utility of Splunk technology to monitor cyber security, protect IT infrastructure, and enable rapid containment and resolution to IT security incidents. Duties and responsibilities may also include:
* Implement the production of Splunk Ecosystem (Splunk Core, Splunk Enterprise Security), and feature the people, process, and tools that enable successful adoption assuring the solution is able to meet the objectives of the business.
* Provide strategic support of Splunk integration and deployment, configuration and maintenance
* Understand, interpret and develop content for SIEM products to meet internal and external customer requirements
* Coordinate with other organizations (SOC/CSIRT) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the enterprise
* Assist in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, Loggers and connectors and integration of data feeds (logs) into Splunk
* Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM's and correlation of events.
* Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
* Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
* Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
* 1-3 years of experience with Splunk Infrastructure administration
* Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus one (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Basic understanding of Information Security with relevant work experience and/or relevant education/certifications
* US Citizenship Required
* Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk deployments
* Certified Splunk Architect or Engineer
* Experience with Linux or Solaris Servers
* Experience with SQL and/or Oracle Databases
* Experience with or knowledge of SIEM Content Development
* Experience with Scripting (Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.)
* Technical writing experience
* Experience with installation/deployment procedures
* Experience with document requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are preferred
* Candidates should possess interpersonal skills and must be fluent in the English language
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times.
Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.