As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview Statement:
The IS Data Analytics Engineer will be part of the Application Performance Management (APM) team that is responsible for production and analysis of large data sets and their corresponding visual representation in Splunk. This role includes the acquisition of multiple disparate data sources, and the analysis of trends and anomalies. The IS Data Analytics Engineer will work with machine performance data, application metrics, and network metrics. S/he will also produce analysis and dashboards, according to the general standards in place.
Analysis of trends in application, demand and capacity metrics, and their cross reference to related services and systems is required. Extensive collaboration with other teams for the implementation, maintenance, and management of performance monitoring tools is expected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide reporting capabilities, interactive dashboards and thoughtfully applied analytics. * Triage performance issues. * Coordinate with a diverse community to gather requirements, document applications, and communicate results. * Objectively categorize performance, identify performance pain points, and provide recommendations to improve overall performance. * Communicate with key stakeholders on use and interpretation of data as well as reporting methodologies and tools. * Work with IS management, application and business owners, and application teams to understand and define their performance management needs. * Use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline required.
Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in reporting and data analytics.
* Knowledge of Splunk Processing Language * Knowledge of statistics and demonstrated experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets. * Experience with the following tools:
o Dynatrace DC RUM
o Excel / SQL query analyzer / BI tools
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience with Windows and Unix monitoring, and related key performance indicators. * Knowledge of SAN monitoring and key performance indicators. * Knowledge of VMware monitoring and key performance indicators. * Experience with MS office suite of products.
* Strong analytical and documentation skills. * Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization * Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization. * Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with technical teams, cross-functional teams, and staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel * Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities. * Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. * Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization * Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
* Works from a single office location. * Participates in 24x7 on-call support rotation once every 4 weeks
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.