At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology. Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Want to work on cutting-edge speech applications? Want to directly see the results of your efforts in improving billions of user interactions with automated systems annually? Want to work with colleagues who appreciate your independence and creativity? Join Nuance Communications, the leader in speech and language recognition, as a Speech and Data Scientist.
s a Speech and Data Scientist in the Professional Services group, you will work on automated speech recognition and natural language processing applications, covering a broad range of activities in all project phases, including the design, development, and optimization of the system. You will:
* Work across application development teams to ensure best possible recognition performance and user experience in deployed systems
* Design, develop, and test VoiceXML grammars and create grammars for dynamic contexts, including natural language understanding (NLU) statistical language and semantic models.
* Analyze performance of applications by identifying hot-spots, assessing caller and user navigational success, along with recognition accuracy. Make recommendations related to call flow and prompting, optimize recognition performance by improving grammars, statistical semantic models, recognition parameters, dictionaries, and acoustic models
* Deliver analysis results to our customers to help drive their customer care application performance forward. Come up with creative new ideas to improve experience and increase automation
* Develop methodologies, scripts, procedures that improve efficiency and quality
* Develop tools and enhance algorithms that facilitate development of new systems and optimization of language processing and speech recognition components
* Provide input into the design of future product releases, working with Product, R&D, and other groups
Number of Years of Work Experience: 0-2
* Excited about working with customers to optimize systems for their unique requirements and to apply empirical data to generate successes.
* Motivated to work with PS leaders and Sales to recommend creative solutions that lead to new business.
* Highly independent and capable of fulfilling multiple project commitments concurrently
* Passionate about analyzing data to solve problems and improve systems
* Solid programming skills, preferably with a scripting language such as Perl or Python
* Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as the ability to work as part of a project team
* Ability to scope work taking technical, business and time-frame constraints into consideration
* Coursework or previous work experience in human computer interaction, usability studies, or statistics
* Work experience as a business analyst, ideally in a technical capacity
* Strong programming skills in either Perl, Python, Java, C/C++, SQL
* Experience with statistical software such as R
* A background in Data Science, or related fields
* Speech recognition knowledge, understanding of speech recognition, text classification, or other machine learning algorithms
* Familiarity with IVR and ASR platforms and APIs
* Experience with pattern recognition, machine learning, linguistics, or signal processing knowledge
* Knowledge of statistical data analysis
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cognitive Science, Computational Linguistics, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.