AT&T Entertainment Group is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We're delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we're revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV and U-Verse to our newest streaming service, DIRECTV NOW, our industry leading team is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we're creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world
AT&T Entertainment Group is looking for a talented, highly motivated, self-driven individual with technical experience in large-scale video distribution to join our service operations team. As a Specialist - Technical Operations, you will work on a team that owns the end-to-end monitor and control for our entire local lineup of channel services from acquisition thru downlink.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions related to the service:
* Implement and leverage best-in-class technologies, tools, and processes to continually optimize the customer experience
* Perform first touch resolution
* Incident response, root cause analysis, and problem management across a diverse set of technologies
* Optimize event detection and alerting capabilities
* Documentation and robust knowledge base creation
* Project management and support
As the successful candidate, you will:
* Put the end-user experience at the core of the team's focus and continually drive to measure and improve it
* Provide Tier 1 and 2 support to the on‐air operations environment with monitor and control (M&C) to restore functionality including performing follow up and assisting with diagnostics and troubleshooting of broadcast servers, applications, and software.
* Assist with system testing and validation of monitoring and control maintenance
* Assist with projects including the planning, implementation, procedures, documentation, and training of staff as needed.
* Install cabling and new equipment as assigned.
* Take ownership of issues affecting the service regardless of functional area or organizational boundary
* Be adaptable, expect change and keep both skills and mindset current to respond to the demands of the business
* Leverage technical skill sets to explore, evaluate, and deliver new technologies, techniques, and tools to advance the capabilities of the team
* Inspire a highly passionate, effective, results-oriented team.
The background of the successful candidate should include:
* Minimum 3 years' experience with administrating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring various systems in a Windows environment including, File Servers, Print
Servers, SQL servers, Auditing and Monitoring Servers, Application Servers, HP and Dell
* Knowledge and experience with Linux operating environments is a plus
* Knowledge with MySQL, Oracle databases, and MS SQL Server.
* Experience with technologies associated with video or video-on-demand (VOD) services.
* Expertise learning and utilizing a diversity of toolsets to maintain and optimize services.
* A good understanding of computer networking services and tools, such as DNS, WINS,DHCP, IPAM, TCP/IP, IPX, ARP, ICMP, FTP, SNMP, UDP, HTTP, SMTP, ping, tracert, etc.
* Experience installing cabling and new equipment, interpreting wiring diagrams and working with engineers to test and integrate new systems.
* Excellent written/verbal communication, problem‐solving and analytical abilities required.
* Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment with changing priorities.
* The Castle Rock Broadcast Center is a 24x7 facility and may require the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime.
* All candidates must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds.
* All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and successfully pass a drug test, background check and MVR screening.
Job ID 1927621 Date posted 06/20/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.