Job ID R1910390-3 Date posted Jul. 11, 2019
As a Specialist Solution Architect you will use your knowledge and experience to help drive VMware's product adoption with key customers. We are looking for a person who has the right mindset to be a part of an elite team of architects focused on making our customers successful. You must possess a unique blend technical and customer facing skills; be an out of the box thinker, and the directly engage all stakeholders - customers and VMware internal resources.
VMware is a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will wear many hats, and your work will have a real impact on the direction of new products, critical to VMware's success, primarily focused on VMware Cloud on AWS (https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws) #VMWonAWS. You'll be part of a bright team that embraces open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and a shared focus on customer success.
* Work directly with customers to drive adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS and integrated services
* Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using VMware's Cloud Services
* Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
* Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
* Document best practices deploying, configuring and managing VMware Cloud on AWS, integration the AWS native services and an ecosystem of partner solutions
* Deliver on-site and remote workshops, create a publish customer facing content that includes all of the above areas
* Maintain per-customer view of reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and Product Management and Engineering
* Successful track record deploying and managing workloads in public cloud environments
* Drive client and internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables within scope and time
* Develop/improve workflow for more efficient delivery and reduced overall customer time to value
* Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvements
* Ability to travel: 30-40%
* The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Public Cloud Infrastructure & Network Architecture, Network Design, Virtualization, Application Management and Security
* 8+ years of relevant experience
* At least 5 years experience in customer-facing positions such as a professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
* Strong Linux and Network Architecture skills, including route/switch and VPN
* Extensive experience with Public Cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Virtustream, DigitalOcean, etc.
* Experience working with modern software development methodologies, supporting DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline efforts, as well as infrastructure design and development
* Knowledge of VMware's full Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack
* Working knowledge of at least one scripting language
* Exceptional learning, communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills
* Ability to work well in fast-paced environment with constantly changed priorities
* Ability to work collaboratively with product development team on problem troubleshooting and driving product improvements
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
H1B sponsorship is not available for this position.
Apply now Apply now