As a Specialist Solution Architect you will use your knowledge and experience to help drive VMware's product adoption with key customers. We are looking for a person who has the right mindset to be a part of an elite team of architects focused on making our customers successful. You must possess a unique blend technical and customer facing skills; be an out of the box thinker, and the directly engage all stakeholders - customers and VMware internal resources.
VMware is a fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will wear many hats, and your work will have a real impact on the direction of new products, critical to VMware's success, primarily focused on VMware Cloud on AWS (https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws) #VMWonAWS. You'll be part of a bright team that embraces open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and a shared focus on customer success.
* Work directly with customers to drive adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS and integrated services
* Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using VMware's Cloud Services
* Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
* Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
* Document best practices deploying, configuring and managing VMware Cloud on AWS, integration the AWS native services and an ecosystem of partner solutions
* Deliver on-site and remote workshops, create a publish customer facing content that includes all of the above areas
* Maintain per-customer view of reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and Product Management and Engineering
* Successful track record deploying and managing workloads in public cloud environments
* Drive client and internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables within scope and time
* Develop/improve workflow for more efficient delivery and reduced overall customer time to value
* Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvements
* Ability to travel: 30-40%
* The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Public Cloud Infrastructure & Network Architecture, Network Design, Virtualization, Application Management and Security
* 8+ years of relevant experience
* At least 5 years experience in customer-facing positions such as a professional services consultant, solutions architect, customer engineer, etc.
* Strong Linux and Network Architecture skills, including route/switch and VPN
* Extensive experience with Public Cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Rackspace, Virtustream, DigitalOcean, etc.
* Experience working with modern software development methodologies, supporting DevOps, CI/CD Pipeline efforts, as well as infrastructure design and development
* Knowledge of VMware's full Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack
* Working knowledge of at least one scripting language
* Exceptional learning, communication (written and verbal, internal and external) and presentation skills
* Ability to work well in fast-paced environment with constantly changed priorities
* Ability to work collaboratively with product development team on problem troubleshooting and driving product improvements
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
H1B sponsorship is not available for this position.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.