Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g. new, enhancements or maintenance), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
* Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
* Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or operational improvements or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
* Conduct investigation activity/research and give technical advice to the adoption or integration of new technologies and their business impact.
* Lead in the development of standards and procedures and publish/communicate findings via IOI's, presentations, white papers, etc. Review, validate & enhance design, conduct performance monitoring and capacity planning; install, test and upgrade releases and associated products.
* Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
* Set the strategy for implementing new technologies.
* In specialized systems (ie. SAP) effectively set options to change the way the program works (configuration responsibilities).
* Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and schedules completion date. Accountable for successful and timely completion of all tasks/projects under direct and matrix control.
* Post completion audit of project after implementation to verify expected benefits vs. costs, both development and operating. Project success is critical to the continued business success of the corporation.
* Four-year degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering.
* Equivalent experience is defined as six years combined experience in the above areas.
* 5-8 years of combined experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer engineering
(in addition to equivalent experience listed above, if applicable).
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
* Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
* Travel: No
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.