Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
As part of Eagle's Cloud Native initiative, we are investing in people and technology to construct and execute the next generation SaaS. There is no better time to bring your design and engineering career to the fintech industry. The DevOps Engineer is part of a key team of R&D Architecture that is responsible for building and delivering transcendent and reliable infrastructure technologies for applications development organization.
At Eagle Investment Systems, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the fintech software systems work better for everyone. We are looking for people that have a strong desire to learn, collaborate and solve complex problems.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
* Maturing the DevOps mindset with Eagle agile teams utilizing methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Acceptance Test Driven Development
* Serve as technical interface between cloud infrastructure and operations teams and the applications development organization
* Exercise Root Cause Analysis Cycle, use data to determine the scope and scale of impact, create epics/stories and construct automation to prevent problem recurrence
* Managing and eliminate technical debt to create space for Eagle R&D to innovate
* Procure and review documentation and process around recurring issues, tools, new standard operating procedures, and knowledge transfer artifacts
* Performance engineering collaboration with the Eagle Performance Lab team, including benchmarking and monitoring of vital metrics, capacity planning, and resolution of performance problems affecting service levels.
* Experience with infrastructure automation tools (such as Docker, Ansible, Packer, Vault, Consul)
* Hands-on experience with Jenkins and capable of authoring and maintaining Jenkins Pipeline
* Experience in Linux system administration with advanced knowledge of installations, performance-tuning, security, and shell scripting
* Administration and engineering of systems, databases, networks and storage sub-systems
* Worked in an environment that practices Agile Scrum, DevOps and CI/CD.
* Managed and scaled highly available systems and operations that involves server virtualization (VMWare, KVM), IaaS and PaaS cloud (Azure, AWS, Cloudforms)
* Scripting and programming languages (Python, Groovy, Bash)
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Wellesley
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1900723
About Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation