* Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree is a plus
* TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
* Outstanding record of academic and/or professional achievement
* Demonstrated aptitude for analytics, both quantitative and qualitative
* Proven record of leadership at work or through extracurricular activities
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
* Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Commitment to high standards and core values
Who You'll Work With
This client-facing, partner-track role is based in our Washington, D.C. office and dedicated to serving our federal defense and security clients. You will support senior members of the US defense and security community on some of their highest priority issues.
Typically, you'll work locally in the Washington, DC area in teams of 3 - 5 consultants, each with varying types of expertise (e.g., digital, strategy, operations, etc.).
What You'll Do
You will work with our defense and security clients on some of their toughest issues, in a fast-paced, non-hierarchical, and caring environment.
In this role you will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of performance-improving approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients at all levels to ensure high impact, sustainable results. Your work will include gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, developing recommendations, and helping to implement sustainable changes.
All of your work will be project-based, and varied. At McKinsey, we help our clients on a broad range of topics, including strategy, operational performance improvement, risk and resource reallocation, organizational design and talent development, and digital issues.
You will join a firm that will challenge you and invest heavily in your professional development, building on the strengths you bring to the firm. Consultants receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. You will build your national security expertise, and learn to bring best practices from the private, public, and social sectors to your clients.
You'll grow at your own pace on a "promote when ready" path. This partner-track role will give you considerable flexibility as you pursue your career at our firm.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.