Spec Quality Assurance - Marlborough, MA req27650
Schedule: M-F 8AM-4:30PM
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
* Support and coordinate efforts that foster quality and ensure that all pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical processes are consistent with our company values and mission.
* Licensing and Accreditation Support the internal inspection process of the business unit, associated laboratories and specimen collection sites to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, College of American Pathologists (CAP) accreditation requirements and Quest Diagnostics standards.
* Serve as a resource regarding Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA '88) regulations and CAP accreditation standards.
* Proficiency Testing Assist and ensure enrollment and participation in proficiency testing for each test to include Corrective Action when necessary.
* Coordinate the Validity Check program and Blind Samples resubmission program, if applicable.
* Assist in maintaining a defined instrument-to-instrument, method-to-method, and laboratory-to-laboratory comparison process.
* Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Support and assist on monthly Quality Assurance (QA) meetings. Support each department's comprehensive Quality Improvement (QI) plan. Assist in maintaining and monitoring Quality Assurance specific quality indicators.
* Facilitate the preparation, distribution and review of the QA Manual.
* Support the Corporate Quality Surveillance Program, Patient Results Distribution Program, Best Practice Team Initiative/Database Changes Verification Program and other monitoring programs specifically assigned by National Quality Assurance. Quality Assurance Initiatives
* Assist in the prompt and complete reporting of Reportable Quality Issues in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
* Assist in the complete tracking of revised reports in compliance with the SOP.
* Assist in any other duties as assigned by the Technical Manager.
* Bachelor's degree (chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology) required Certifications Qualification as General Laboratory Supervisor as defined by CLIA '88required
* At least three years employment in a laboratory setting required
* Experience with Quality Assurance, statistical Quality Control, and laboratory regulations/accreditation requirements required.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills required Demonstrated strong writing and composition skills required
* Demonstrated success in motivating team members to reach objectives desirable
* Strong influencing skills desirable Business Process Skills
* Understands clinical laboratory operations required
* Able to affect Quality Improvement through problem solving skills and knowledge of quality tools required
* Able to manage change required Organization skills required Project management skills required
* Analytical skills required
* Technical skills required
* Computer skills required
* Able to function in a matrix organization desirable
* Multi-tasking skills desirable
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.