The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Special Program Evaluations Assessments & Response (SPEAR) Team is expanding to support the growth of our data facilities and related security functions associated with this growth. AWS is looking for an independent, passionate, highly talented, and motivated Evaluator to join us in the US East region. In this role you will be responsible for performing physical security evaluations, of our data facilities in the US East, evaluating the application of physical security across people, processes and measures in order to identify vulnerabilities. This will include the reporting of identified vulnerabilities, and ensuring that you document and provide guidance on the path to resolution. You will be responsible for the creation of all written reports related to the evaluations you conduct within the US East. You will also participate in the development, integration and analysis of physical security standards and their implementation, as well as identifying areas for possible improvement to present a complete picture of the mission of this team, as well as contributing towards the global effort. This position is located in Herndon.
As a SPEAR Evaluator you will work directly with other AWS Physical Security Teams, AWS Management, and customers to aid in the real world application of Physical Security to currently existing facilities within the US East. You will also review new and cutting edge technology and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures, to enhance the security posture of our data facilities.
An ideal candidate for this role will be willing and able to work at all levels, from the theoretical knowledge of physical security principles to the practical application and real world implementation of processes and measures. This ideal candidate would also have knowledge of Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED), to include concept and principles, data collection, analysis, presentations and reports, behavior and the physical (built) environment. The candidate must be able to execute detailed evaluations of our existing facilities within the US East, identifying areas which can be improved to enhance the physical security posture of each site. This position may require extensive travel amounting to approximately 50%, to ensure the delivery of the this teams mission globally and within the US East.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
* · Manage and lead the execution of assessments of all data facilities within EMEA. Ensuring that all vulnerabilities identified as part of this assessment process are documented and effective mitigation actions are taken to resolve the security vulnerability.
* · Partner directly with AWS Security customers to review security related documentation and help them understand the implementation of all physical security standards and policies to their real world environment.
* · Develop and review new and cutting edge technology and security measures for possible application to the existing suite of security processes and measures to enhance the security posture of our data facilities.
* · Assist the global SPEAR team in determining the strategic direction of the AWS Physical Security Program based on customer interaction and demonstrative outputs.
* · Be and remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain personal relationships with key industry personnel and manufacturers.
* · Assist work of internal and external assessors or auditors as necessary.
* · Keep the AWS Security leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.