Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The SEIT Space Systems Engineer provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS RF programs. These activities include:
* Development of mathematical algorithms for RF signal processing and calibration
* Modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology to predict performance
* Development of system and/or subsystem requirements
* Data analysis of hardware under test or in operations
* Design and development of RF waveforms
* Creating technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Participating in customer and/or program technical reviews
* Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and requirements verification
* Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in systems engineering
* Knowledge and experience of basic RF operations: Filtering, Pulse Compression, Calibration, and/or Antenna Array processing
* Knowledge of RF signal processing techniques, experience developing advanced mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
* Able to effectively multi-task and prioritize actions
* Proficient in Matlab, C++, Python, or related programming languages
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an Active SSBI U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment.
* Experience in RF design, development, integration and test (system verification)
* Experience in hardware and/or software development of embedded, real-time systems
* Experience in digital pre-distortion, advanced coding and modulation, and channel equalization schemes/techniques
* Experience in space-time adaptive processing
* Experience in system requirements development
* Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning, convolutional neural networks
* Technical publications and/or patents
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related discipline; advanced degrees preferred
143348 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
SSBI - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.