Whether it's unlocking the potential of digital content, powering breakthrough innovations, creating entertainment that enriches lives, or keeping nations secure, Quantum works with customers and partners to make the world a happier, safer and smarter place.
Reports to the Manager of Pre-Sales Engineering. The incumbent: participates in pre-sales activities, including assessment of customer requirements, technical presentations to customers, and detailed system design; participates in managing and developing customer and partner relationships for long-term success; learns specific skills necessary to functionally describe Quantum solutions and articulate their capabilities and interoperability with 3rd-party products; becomes familiar with Quantum policies, procedures and reporting practices; attends and successfully completes training assignments.
* Enhances customer relationships by demonstrating understanding of customer value and the customer service attitude.
* Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, very strong presentation skills, effective listening, excellent written and verbal communication skills, concern with quality deliverables, and an appropriate sense of urgency in fulfilling customer and Sales Team requirements.
* Functions as an active member of the Quantum Sales Team, working to create and close sales opportunities.
* Works with the Sales Team using a consultative approach to identify customer business needs and develop Quantum solutions to address those needs.
* Demonstrates the ability to overcome normal technical barriers to sales.
* Helps meet revenue goals by capturing account information and needs that can be turned into sales opportunities.
* Participates in periodic Sales Funnel Reviews.
* Provides effective technical presentations on all aspects of our solutions to customers and partner, including conveying the features, functions, benefits, and capabilities of our products, as well as conveying how our products interoperate with 3rd-party products.
* Presentations also encompass and address customer needs and Quantum differentiators in addressing those needs.
* Addresses prospective customers, existing customers, and the Quantum Sales Team technical questions regarding our current and future products.
* Responsibility includes contacting Quantum Product Marketing/Management Team, other Systems Engineers, and other internal and external resources to obtain the necessary answers.
* Collects customer requests and recommendations for products enhancements, and passes such requests to appropriate Product Marketing/Management Team for consideration in the current product design or new product design.
* Identifies and obtains customer requirements in preparation for the detailed system design; including identification of all pertinent client system data such as hardware platform(s), operating system(s) with revisions, disk storage usage and capacity, network connection, production hours, recovery needs, etc.
* Possesses strong knowledge of 3rd party complementary and competitive hardware and software storage solutions (i.e. Application enablers, Virtualization, Analytics, HPC, Archiving, Object Based Solutions, EMC, Brocade, Cisco, Sun, etc.)
* Possess the ability to independently design small-to-midrange as well as large, complex solutions that require significant interaction with other vendors and/or system integrators.
* Documentation set includes detailed Visio diagram that conforms to the appropriate Quantum standards, as well as any detailed spreadsheets and stated assumptions.
* Documentation set must be sufficient for a Field Engineer to appropriately install and configure the solution.
* Presents the proposed solution to Sales Team and customer.
* Assists in closing business by winning the "Technical Recommendation to Buy" through presentation of proposed solution, demonstrations, and/or evaluations.
* Independently takes the initiative to contact key ISV's, Hardware partners and Resellers to promote Quantum products and solutions.
* Responsibilities include giving Quantum product presentations, "chalk talks", and/or informal technology/product discussions.
* Also responsible for providing informal training support to the Sales Team, if necessary.
* Responsible for having strong knowledge of the storage industry and competitive products.
* Provides technical input and support to Sales Team when responding to large RFIs or RFPs.
* BS Degree, preferably in Engineering or Computer Science, and 3-5+ years of related experience in pre-sales technical position.
* Or Associated degree or equivalent with 5 - 7 + year's experience in a pre-sales technical position.
* Demonstrated knowledge of storage management concepts, data communication, client/server environments, HPC Filesystems.
* Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows.
* Geospatial, Network security and or Video workflow experience a plus.
* Operating experience with storage management software packages (e.g., Backup, HSM, Archiving).
* Strong customer relations skills and understanding of the sales cycle.
* Previous sales experience or hands on customer experience are strongly preferred.
* Strong written, oral and exemplary presentation skills.
* Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player.
* Evidence of personal and professional energy and excellence.
* Candidates must have or be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer. Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Quantum Corporation is a company providing storing and managing video and video-like data solutions.