At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Solutions Engineers are a particular squad within the Field Engineering Organization with a particular purpose.
As part of the overall org, your background ideally includes an engineering background. Moreover, you possess a desire to become an expert in Algolia and a proclivity to help customers externally and colleagues internally.
For the Solutions Enginering role in particular, it's instructive to think broadly of Algolia as a powerful toolkit which empowers developers to rapidly connect users with content. But as powerful as Algolia's toolkit is, implements are only as good as their proper use. Solutions Engineers take responsibility in owning Algolia patterns and their effective distribution to our most existing enterprise segment. Ensuring our prioritized customers leverage Algolia helps the business thrive. Moreover, developing novel, unique solutions for customers helps our product evolve.
This position is a great career move for engineers ready to make the switch to a role that allows them to leverage their existing technical skills in a role that will allow them to hone their client-facing skills, make decisions that affect the trajectory of the company, and create business connections in the community. If you'd love to use your technical skills to delight customers by crafting the right solution, we want to hear from you.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
* Providing high-quality technical solutions to the enterprise segment
* Expanding relationship and usage with the enterprise segment
* Increasing reusability of solutions content (blog posts, tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects
* Informing product by listening and advocating for our most treasured customers
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
* Strong desire to help people problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
* 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack developer
* Great oral and written communication in English
Don't think you fit 100% of the requirements? We'd still love to hear from you.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Familiarity/curiosity with multiple technical domains
* Analytics, A/B testing
* Backend/frontend web development
* Exposure to enterprise business
* Mobile experience background
* Familiarity in relevant verticals E-commerce/SaaS/Media
* Project management experience
* Experience with search domain Elastic/Solr
* Other search-as-a-service company
* Spoken at tech conferences
* Experience producing technical content
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
* GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
* TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
* CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
* CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
* HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
* Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Paid parental leave
* 401(k) plan
* Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
* Competitive pay and equity
* Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
* Fun: we spend time together - team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
* Charitable contribution matching
* Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we'll donate to your charity of choice
* Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
* Fully stocked kitchens
* Team workouts
* Meals & happy hours
The Solutions Engineer role allows you to act as both an internal and external technology expert in a way that a standard developer role cannot provide. Moreover, the role requires you to operate and educate both at a high level, speaking with execs and product leaders, and at a low level, speaking with developers and designers. Importantly, the role demands that you operate as an engineer, applying a methodical mindset both towards technical solutions and business oriented outcomes.