Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH …
Our Technical Operations team is dedicated to creating automated solutions using multiple software platforms while preserving our casual, startup atmosphere. As Viasat continues to grow into other business areas, there will always be a new struggle for you to tackle, requiring new, creative solutions and processes for you to create. As such, we promote continual growth through education, conferences, and certifications. Our Technical Operations Team is a diverse, passionate, energetic, collaborative team that promotes a vocal round table. If you are energized by coming up with creative solutions in a collaborative, spirited environment, then keep reading.
WHO YOU ARE ….
Viasat is looking for a dynamic and resourceful Manager for our Solutions Engineering team. We are interested in candidates who are not afraid to continually stretch and grow, to join our growing Operations team. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to define your path and determine your long-term focus. You will be a critical member of the Technical Operations team where you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to projects spanning multiple technical areas, including, but not limited to: cutting edge information technologies, enterprise level architecture, network frameworks and incident management, creating reliable automations, and steering the organization toward best in class performance visualization capability spanning our networks E2E service flows. You will work and interact with engineering groups and business units across the enterprise. The manager of this team needs to have excellent communication and organization skills, you will enjoy the quick pace while keeping in sync with colleagues across multiple geographic areas. You're analytical and critical thinking skills, along with your training and education, will provide you the ability to understand operations concerns and risks from both technical and business perspectives. This position will require you to develop the right solutions. We are not a team centered on a single solution. We are a team that will use the right solution and exploit robust API's to our advantage in an operational sense, If you're looking to come in and grow in technical operations, than this is the position for you.
WHAT YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE…
* Experience with object oriented programming language (Java, Python, etc.)
* Experience operational intelligence and/DevOps platforms (, Grafana, Ansible, Splunk, etc.)
* Prior supervisory/management experience preferably in a Development or Network Operational setting.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and develop a technical team in to develop solutions for an Operations or Network Management team.
* Previous experience supporting a 7x24x365 operations environment.
* Able and willing to share on-call responsibilities with peers.
* Thorough understanding of agile methodologies, values and procedures.
* Skills in resource management, project prioritization, problem solving, issues management and mediation.
* Experience developing team level plans, portfolio planning and budgeting.
* Ability to work collaboratively and across divisions.
* Knowledge of REST API's functions
* Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, and/or a related field or Equivalent Experience.
* U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such
* Up to 20% travel
* Web application engineering
* Machine learning for issue and device correlation
* System infrastructure development; scripting, automation, data visualization & dash boarding
* Data analytics & CI/CD pipeline engineering
* DevOps experience preferable.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
US Citizenship Required
Viasat provides broadband and communications products and services.