Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Solutions Engineer, Asset & Wealth Management Production and Infrastructure
Req #: 190029170
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the consistent delivery and enablement amongst a team of Infrastructure Architects and Engineers. You will integrate business applications into the JPMorgan Infrastructure across multiple application tiers and technologies leveraging various Subject Matter Experts as required. On a project basis, you will define requirements, perform analysis, scope projects, and create design documents, and detailed technical engineering work orders to allow implementation teams to build the systems. This specific role requires an in depth working knowledge of the different database (legacy and contemporary) and other technology platforms including things such as web and application tiers, messaging, platform security, network services, and an ability to leverage other 3rd party services.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
* Implement the complete technology solution for projects supporting major, highly complex business applications with complex integration needs across multiple technology disciplines by defining development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identifying system modifications to meet objectives;
* Recommend end-to-end technology design solutions and takes full accountability for the architecture of a solution;
* Lead multiple technology groups to ensure that the application, integration, infrastructure, and security architectures are designed to meet evolving business requirements, standards for reliability, scalability and availability and align with the organization Technology Roadmap;
* Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk regarding the integration of applications across multiple product systems and delivery channels;
* Identify, recommend, and implement emerging IT trends, developments, and improvements/solutions by either buying, building or reusing;
* Partner with Global Engineering and Architecture teams to ensure solutions are in line with Firm-wide Strategic Technology Roadmap;
* Ensure all deviations are identified and approved;
* Identify gaps in current standards/services and negotiating enterprise vs. project solutions and developing standard application architectures, frameworks, and development standards;
* Manage multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other designers and SME.
* Review and present solutions to Engineering board representing the Line of Business
* Provide 3rd level engineering support for any issues that need escalation to the Global Engineering or requires engaging the Vendor
This role requires a wide variety of skills and strengths including:
* Ten plus (10+) years of combined experience as an Infrastructure Solution Architect or Engineer, with at least three (3) years of database server specific experience in a mission-critical distributed environment;
* Experience working with or working for global systems integrators or solution engineers.
* Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Lead cross-functional discussions and design reviews.
* Experience sizing workloads described by business requirements to compute platforms.
* Experience and ability to steward technical projects through architecture review committees and implementation checkpoints.
* Experience performing multi-year capacity planning of infrastructure service offerings.
* Candidate must be comfortable leading in a fast-paced team environment, and possess very good communications skills.
* Excellent business acumen with a strong ability to map business requirements to technical solutions.
* Good writing and presentation skills with an ability to multi task
* Experience in making good decisions with limited information.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be strong and effective communicator
* Highly proficient in Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL, or DB2.
* Experience with GreenPlum, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Arango or other modern big data products.
* Proficiency in a IDE, programing language (Python/Java), and source code control (Git)
* Proficiency in CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins2 or spinnaker.
* Proficiency in Unix server solutions.
* Proficiency in hypervisor and computer hardware concepts.
* An in-depth understanding of security and modern computer network infrastructures.
* A high degree of MS-Office proficiency is expected.
JPMorgan Asset Wealth Management is not only one of the world's largest and most comprehensive investment managers with over $1.2 trillion dollars in assets under management but also contains the JPMorgan Private Bank which is the number one ultra high net worth investment firm in the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.