Altair data intelligence solutions empowers individuals, teams, and entire organizations to evolve and expand the use of data for both operational efficiencies and analytical insights. Our market-leading products support self-service analytics, predictive analytics, and streaming analytics across a wide variety of industries and use cases.
Altair is looking for highly motivated and energetic hands on solutions architects and engineers. The primary role is to lead end-to-end solution architecting and implementation of our Data Intelligence portfolio of enterprise products. The candidate must be comfortable in engaging customer IT and Business leaders. Recommend installation and configuration options considering customer requirements, use-cases and business objectives. The candidate for this position must be hands-on and comfortable working in both on-premises and cloud IT environments to be able to install, integrate, upgrade, performance tune and troubleshoot our solutions.
* Participate in pre and post sales process working closely/alongside with Sales, Business Development, Product and Support teams.
* Recommend strategies, architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution.
* Gather and document client environment and systems information, and define best approach for deploying Knowledge Works for clients
* Hands-on work with customers; assist in deploying, integrating and administrating Knowledge Works into customer environments
* Work closely with product management to prioritize product enhancements and updates impacting customer adoption
* Collaborate with sales, marketing, product and support teams as needed to meet customer and Altair objectives.
* Document and share installation, integration and administration best practices.
* BS (or higher) in computer science or equivalent
* Minimum of 6 months of Hands-on experience in installing, configuring and operationalizing large scale enterprise solutions. Such as App Servers, Databases, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Datawarehouse, ETL tools, Self-service Data Prep solutions, others.
* Hands on experience in deploying solutions leveraging Kubernetes, Docker, Helm and other container technology stack.
* Familiar with J2EE application stack; modern micro services-based architecture; setting up the solution for high availability and scalability such as leveraging load balancers.
* Good understanding of working with Databases - leveraging JDBC/ODBC drivers & SQL
* Hands on Linux experience at enterprise level
* Basic linux networking (pub/priv sub-net configurations) and security a plus.
* Familiar with Shell scripts and ability to program a strong plus.
* Ability to travel 50% of time domestically or internationally
* Ability and willingness to learn new technology
* Familiar and some working experience with LDAP/AD/SSO, VPN's, DNS
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
About Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR)
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high performance computing (HPC) and data intelligence. Altair enables organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com.