As the world generates even more volumes of data, from any device or any thing, companies are increasingly discovering the need to gain immediate insights, look for reoccurring trends / patterns in their data over time, and to discern actions and predictions for their business that will yield positive outcomes.
Combining data from multiple silos, including internal and external data sources, helps your organization find answers to complex questions that no one previously knew how to ask. This is the genesis of the data lake. The data lake enables companies to store large volumes of data from multiple locations in a cost-effective Hadoop cluster, taking advantage of relational technologies such as Apache Hive. In a data lake, data does not go through big time transformations or modeling, as it would in a data warehouse. Instead, it is usually replicated preserving the format of the original sources.
As a Hortonworks Solutions Engineer you will utilize your strong technical, business competencies and customer service orientation to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects and customers to support sales goals.
* Lead customer discover use cases and requirements workshops
* Own the customer reference architectures
* Advise on customer value realization
* Be a regional technical subject matter expert
* Actively participates within the Hortonworks community
* Create and deliver customer-centric solution designs
* Present roadmap, vision, proposed architectures and business outcomes to all levels - developers, architects, CTO, CIO
* Own and define technical strategy for accounts
* Regular participate in account penetration / success strategy planning, working with sales counterparts and solutions engineering management
* Fluent with core differentiators across the competitive landscape
* Deep knowledge of the technology ecosystem
* Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
* A share of evangelism activities (blogs, meetups, industry events)
* Mentor associates, participate in creation and maintenance of enablement materials across the team
* Participate in contribution to internal and external knowledge repositories
* Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Field
* 5-7 + years of professional work experience in a similar position
* Experience in technical pre-sales
* Demonstrated knowledge of Apache Hadoop (HDFS & YARN), can talk to the benefits of a centralized architecture for both data management and data access
* Enterprise Software and Big Data experience
* Demonstrated understanding of the challenges in operations, Security and Data Governance within the enterprise
* You are on good terms with Infrastructure (Hardware, Storage, Network), Java/.NET, and SQL . You have an interest in Data Science and understand the difference between Data Engineering and Applied Science.
* You know your way around OSS and can demonstrate it
* Demonstrated Strong Written and verbal Communication skills
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
* Solution Architecture/Engineering experience as a field of practice (able to listen to customer requirements, whiteboard and propose solution architecture, and get hands-on with the tech to design, build, and demonstrate real business value)
* Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
* NoSQL experience (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.)
* EDW experience - the Teradatas, Netezzas, GreenPlum/HAWQ, Exadatas of the world
* Integration Products experience (Tibco, MuleSoft, IBM, Oracle, Spring Integration, etc.)
* You thrive in a changing environment
All employees are required to adhere to all Hortonworks employment policies, including without limitation information security policies.