Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you're watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today's forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We're changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
The Solutions Architecture (SA) Manager East is responsible for leading our US East Coast team. Solutions Architects (SA) are the technical and business experts who partner with customers to solve their biggest location challenges. They advise customers on technical architecture and implementation, design and develop blueprints from common patterns, and partner with product teams to fix gaps and identify new use cases. SA's work results in increased customer value from Mapbox products, increased sales, and improved product capabilities. SA's are good developers with front and back end technologies who love working with customers.
What You'll Do
As a Solutions Architect (SA) Manager you'll be responsible for growing and leading the SA team on the US East Coast. You will:
* Manage and develop the team through hiring, retaining, mentoring, and continually building the team's capabilities
* Identify and communicate long-term roadmap and weekly team priorities
* Coach team members on sales strategy, technical expertise, and interpersonal skills
* Identify and remove barriers to team productivity and operational execution
* Own targets and outcomes for team KPIs
* Help team members achieve personal and career growth goals
* Provide personalized, timely, and constructive feedback and recognition to team members
* Motivate team members with personalized goals and a passion for growing people.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
* A strong communicator that's comfortable explaining complex concepts and architectures to both technical and non-technical audiences, large and small.
* Previous experience building and leading a high-performing team that delivered high-impact and high-value work
* Demonstrated understanding of solving complex customer problems
* Desire to explore, learn and teach new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
* Ability to lead and inspire in a hands-on fashion
* 5+ years experience in software engineering, technical consulting, solutions architecture, or product management.
* At least 1 year of experience managing a technical team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is a provider of a mapping platform for designers and developers.