CHENEGA PROFESSIONAL SERVICES SBU
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
Systems Architect I
Chief Technology Officer (PS SBU)
Salaried, Exempt, Full Time
Chenega Professional Services (CPSSBU) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work in the office of the CTO to help bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions for federal customers. If you are a curious and creative information technologist, you feel best when helping others and are considered by others as an extrovert, we'd like to talk to you. You will provide thought leadership in information technology, must have senior level implementation skills, and must constantly stay-up-to-date with latest trends and emerging technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Research and identify technical solutions to solve business problems
* Describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders
* Define features, phases, and requirements of technical solutions
* Translate technical project details into a language that management and non-technical stakeholders understand
* Understand constraints, compare them, and then make technical decisions to reconcile these restrictions with project goals
* Analyze non-functional requirements to ensure that product engineering is appropriately aligned
* Support project management activities to ensure that resources, risk recognition, and planning stay aligned with the solution goals
* Develop road maps describing the evolution of enterprise solution portfolios from current to future state
* Collaborate with numerous technology stakeholders, vendors, and other partners on technology discussions, implementations, and strategy
* Write white papers, technical briefs and articles that strengthen our technical brand
* Present at industry conferences and participate in professional associations
* Write and review technical proposals with appropriate solutions to customer requirements
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
* 8 years of experience in a technology environment and specialized knowledge in the areas of software development, solutions design, IT infrastructure and networking, product development, information security and systems integration.
* One or more cloud platform solutions architect certifications (AWS, AZURE, Google, etc.)
* Must have demonstrable experience working with relational and unstructured databases
* Personal experience building business intelligence solutions with tools like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI and similar
* Must have referenceable projects designing a transactional, database driven web or desktop application
* Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP stack
* Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) environments.
* Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Preference will be given to those that currently maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
* Must have a LinkedIn network with 500 connections
* Project Management Professional certification a plus
* Scaled Agile Framework certification or other Agile certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong oral and written communication abilities, with strong conceptual and systems-thinking abilities and problem-solving skills.
* Must have the ability to influence others and negotiate with multiple stakeholders including senior executives and technical experts
* Comprehensive knowledge of information security and accreditation requirements and workstreams related to agency and FEDRAMP accreditation
* Experience with CI/CD environments including containerization, orchestration and automated test
* Ability to describe federal operational business models including processes, operating systems, and application architectures and enterprise frameworks
* Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively
* Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
* Ability to implement Scaled Agile Framework or other enterprise/large scale agile frameworks involving multiple agile teams working on an enterprise-scale solution for federal customers
* Extensive writing and technical solutioning abilities tied to winning proposals
* Able to diagram complex processes using standard UML or similar notation
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
* The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
* During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.