Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The software solutions architect is responsible for the design, implementation, security and performance of the customer's complex software and IT system. The solutions architect will work closely with the business analysts to understand the customer needs, to include policy and technical updates, and help to translate these into software development solutions. This will include technical knowledge of how the current system works in order to identify areas for improvement and integration. The software architect will be expected to be informed of the latest IT offerings and be able to adapt solutions quickly based on industry and customer direction. The JETS program is at the forefront of DevSecOps and the architect is expected to be a leader in emerging solutions.
The architect will also be responsible for interfacing and directing all aspects of the agile teams to include full-stack, web and database developers. As a leader for multiple agile projects, the architect will work with the technical leads to ensure that the requirements and scope of the agile epics and releases are clearly defined and understood by the developers. The architect will help to ensure timelines, work limits, and adjust rapidly based on customer feedback. The architect is also expected to interface directly with the customer on a regular basis, to include technical presentations and demonstrations of working software.
* 16+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical degree
* Experience working as an architect or leader in a software development environment
* Experience with modernization of a large mission critical IT system or program
* Full-stack experience in software development, to include the following technologies and tools: Java, C#, object oriented design, and modern web frameworks (such as Angular, React/Redux, Node.js, and SCSS)
* Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, and cloud technologies (AWS)
* Experience with new technologies, such as AWS microservices
* Experience working in an agile environment, with Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe
* GitHub experience
* Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
* Experience with the following:
* HTML 5
* AWS certification
* Experience with database design and development, specifically Oracle and SQL
* Experience in Model - View - Presenter or Model - View - Controller design patterns
* Expereince with Containers / Kubernetes
* Experience with TOGAF