OMNIGON is seeking an experienced Solution Architect who can oversee the organization and execution of development on large-scale engagements in the sports, media and entertainment industries.
The Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for identifying and deploying the most efficient, effective, and scalable technical solution for each client engagement. This role will work directly with the Client, Engineering Teams, and Product Managers to identify an appropriate architecture and overall approach, while proposing alternative solutions as needed and supplying cost-benefit analysis. He or she is heavily involved in all aspects of a client project, from participating in technical requirements gathering, to project definition, planning and execution.
This position requires excellent organizational, collaboration and communication skills and up to 20% travel time. This role will be based in either Atlanta, Charlotte or New York and report to the VP, Engineering.
* Create Solution Architecture and Build Prototypes
* Jointly Establish the Technical Vision with Engineering Leads and the Client
* Analyze and Collaborate in Defining Product Requirements
* Analyze and Assist in Creating Deployment Infrastructure
* Participate in Technology Selection
* Support Project and Product Management Teams
* Work closely with Engineering and Quality Assurance Teams to Execute the Defined Architecture
* Able to balance customer-centricity, stakeholder expectations, and technical feasibility of proposed architecture
* Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
* Highly aligned and deep understanding of technical strategy, mapping strategy to execution
* Process orientation with strong time-management skills and demonstrated ability to change course, as needed
* Decisive and well-informed decision-maker
* Excellent listening skills
* Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of a team
* Proactively brings new ideas to the table, spanning people, process and product
* Ability to propose and document virtual/physical environments
* Excellent understanding of best practices in Client/Server-side Systems, Quality Assurance, and DevOps
* Expert-level knowledge in Responsive/Adaptive Web and Mobile (iOS/Android) technologies
* Deep understanding of Automated/Continuous Deployment models
* Extensive hands-on experience with large-scale Content Management Systems, preferably Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
* Hands-on with Cloud based solution (AWS, Azure) and Content Delivery Networks (Akamai, Fastly)
* Familiarity with Ad Integration on Web and Mobile Apps
* Understanding of Image Manipulation Tools (Cloudinary) and Video Management Systems (Ooyala/Brightcove, JWPlayer)
* Knowledge in Web and Mobile Analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytic) and Search Engine Optimization
* Ability to directly and indirectly manage development staff
* 10+ years as a full-stack developer and a history of successfully delivering complex projects for demanding clients.
* 3+ years working with content management and production systems, preferably with Adobe AEM
* 3+ years working in cloud based development and infrastructure solutions.
* 2+ years in engineering and software architecture design.
* Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent
* Knowledge of, and a passion for sports, media and entertainment
* Working knowledge of Confluence and the project workflow in Jira
* Preferred: A background or interest in golf
OMNIGON is a team of digital strategists, artists and technologists working exclusively in the areas of consumer loyalty, audience growth and digital content delivery. Since its founding in 2008, OMNIGON has established itself as a market leader, focused on helping clients achieve returns on the strategic, creative and technical investments they've made.
* Competitive salary and yearly bonus
* Multiple insurance options
* Pre-tax commuter benefits
* Retirement benefits
* Fully stocked pantry with snacks and coffee bar
* Flexible working arrangements
* Weekly Happy Hours and periodic team activities
* Work in a high-growth, energetic environment