What you'll be doing...
Verizon Global Technology Services owns the infrastructure and platforms that all Verizon IT employees use to design, collaborate and build great customer experiences. We are looking for an experienced enterprise architect to evaluate, identify, build and use operationalized, reusable and scalable technologies to deliver those experiences.
You and your peers of end-to-end architecture team will partner with the business partners, product managers, IT Development, Security and TechOps teams to influence changes to our IT environments that give enterprise IT teams the ability to innovate and deliver products and services in support of our retail customers and employees. You will influence our technology roadmaps and help re-engineer poor performing and costly legacy services and replace them with a strategic ecosystem. You will also leverage those systems to directly drive sales, revenue and customer retention.
The ideal candidate is a visionary who can multitask, who is well versed in the SAFe framework, Data architecture, Cloud architecture, and technology, with a proven record of building robust architectural models and partnering with other IT teams. The candidate must have impressive architectural skills and have the ability to groom junior resources to help the team grow.
You're an enterprise architect - organized, detail oriented, and efficient. You're a technologist who is excited by how the systems interact with a business strategy and even more excited when they drive outstanding business results. You're driven to resolve problems and overcome hurdles, and you approach every situation with a can-do, team-player attitude.
* Create Architecture runways, Reference Architectures, High-Level Designs and drive standardization of systems and decommission non-strategic systems.
* Work with business clients to ensure alignment and adoption of architectural decisions. Work with development teams to ensure a successful transition from design to implementation.
* Work with testing teams to define and develop the Use Cases and testing strategy.
* Promote shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow.
* Research and recommend new strategic decisions that influence Verizon's long term business decisions in areas such as moving to open systems, next-generation technologies, network transformation, and Big Data.
* Work with application SME (Subject Matter Experts) to provide a consensus-based large project solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever-changing business needs.
* Partner with the product development team to understand the strategy and architecture for all consumer product lines
* Responsible for the development of End to End Architecture of customer experience related initiatives with system rationalization, moving to open systems, and next-generation technologies
* Accomplish ongoing transformation while never slowing ongoing business success
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelors Degree or Four or more years experience
* Sixor more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience as a systems architect
Even better if you have:
* Experience with leading design and architecture efforts across multiple functional teams
* Experience with integration and design of large initiatives such a joint wireline/wireless marketing efforts, product bundling, and digital transformation
* Advanced knowledge of system relationships in enterprise-wide systems to lead groups of designers and architects in successful system initiatives and projects
* Ability to create streamlined documentation procedures for use in translating multi-faceted business issues in a simple and powerful manner
* Flexibility in leveraging formal and informal networks to strengthen relationships with internal and external customers including:
* Project Management
* Application Architects
* Development teams
* Business clients
* ITO testers
* Executive management
* Ability to adapt technical presentations and written communications to different audience/business needs to facilitate decision making
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.